website statistics

Swimming Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vinipereira

On 07/07/2021 at 01:29, zob79 said:

Popovici 47.56 WJR.pdfRemember one name we might hear very often at Tokyo and in the next years: David Popovici link

popovici wjr.png

Popovici just finished 47.30s with WL today. Big congrats and please send the recipe to Chinese men’s team ASAP. Ours doesn’t work any longer and we are eager to improve 1s faster in 15 days.

12 minutes ago, phelps said:

not talking of 'roids...

there are also other "treatments" that might benefit a swimmer...

however, I only wrote that such kind of improvement looks at least unusual -let's put it that way...not that is surely a cheater...and I really hope he's just a super-talent...but I've seen too many outstanding performances being "downgraded", to put my hand on a fire and say I'm sure, he's clean at 100%

This make more sense, but:

1. Did you check out the link to this evening's performance? does David look beefed up?

2. Do you agree with my economic argument? Romania is one of the poorest countries in Europe and funding to scientific research is practically non-existent; do you honestly think that some high-tech doping treatment would come exactly from Romania? 

3. "I've seen too many outstanding performances being downgraded" - I've seen them too; let's just think for a moment where did they come from

4. David is a genuine talent, well-known by the swimming professionals; he won gold in Olympic Youth Festival 2019 and has been steadily  improving since. Our user OlympicsFan predicted David will make the Olympic final, before these amazing performances at EJ. I would've expected technical comments from you, regarding his style & his stroke, not skepticism based on the fact that others have been proven cheaters