website statistics

Swimming Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vinipereira

12 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

It looks like Greece's time they set at the Acropolis Grand Prix at the end of May is no longer showing in the Fina Swim World Rankings. @Makedonas have you heard anything about this?

I was always a tad suspicious of 1/100 of a second on home soil. That may be unfair on my part but it didnt smell right

This is the first I hear of it. Are we still listed for the 4 x 100 mixed medley relay? We also got our qualifying time at the Acropolis Grand Prix for that event...

Edit-Just checked and we aren't listed there either. Does anyone know if we were originally on the list for these relays and them removed? The mixed medley relay seemed more realistic as it put us in 15th and not 16th...

And for the men's medley relay we qualified in Rio too so it didn't seem suspicious to me. Gkolomeev, Christou, Vazaios are all top European swimmers. Only Meretsolias (breaststroke) isn't.

17 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

This is the first I hear of it. Are we still listed for the 4 x 100 mixed medley relay? We also got our qualifying time at the Acropolis Grand Prix for that event...

Edit-Just checked and we aren't listed there either. Does anyone know if we were originally on the list for these relays and them removed? The mixed medley relay seemed more realistic as it put us in 15th and not 16th...

And for the men's medley relay we qualified in Rio too so it didn't seem suspicious to me. Gkolomeev, Christou, Vazaios are all top European swimmers. Only Meretsolias (breaststroke) isn't.

I think Greece is never on the list not removed from the list. I am also confused why it didn’t submit the result to FINA in time or it have no such plan at all.

I am also confused that some countries’ results showed as club’s such as Hungary and Korea. I am not if they will be counted. Hope FINA release the official list soon don’t confuse us any longer.

14 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

I think Greece is never on the list not removed from the list. I am also confused why it didn’t submit the result to FINA in time or it have no such plan at all.

I am also confused that some countries’ results showed as club’s such as Hungary and Korea. I am not if they will be counted. Hope FINA release the official list soon don’t confuse us any longer.

They all celebrated qualifying in both relays and the swimmers gave interviews about it and there were articles and social media posts about them qualifying for Tokyo...what a mess it would be if they miss out due to some error in not reporting the results :facepalm:

12 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I can't claim credit for finding this. It was sent to me by the American based Brazilian swimming coach Alex Pusseildi

1 minute ago, phelps said:

I think the Athen's meet wasn't approved as a qualifying event because of some issues with the doping tests after the races...

it's the most probable explaination for that meet not being taken into consideration...

We also had a swimmer qualify in the men's 800 freestyle from that event and it looks like that's no longer the case either. So it wasn't just the relays but the whole meet.