website statistics

Swimming Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vinipereira

5 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

https://swimswam.com/bulgarias-17-yr-old-miladinov-rips-5108100fly0for02-inthe-world/

Looks like we heve new contenders in 100 fly behind Dressel - Josif Miladinov BUL and Noe Ponti SUI

Saw this yesterday and had to double check, if the timing was right. This would have been good for a Bronze at last years WC :mumble:

Still not getting any hopes up, since i know, when the big championship comes, the under-performance also does. :d

On 17/12/2020 at 22:33, rafalgorka said:

She was such a talent. It's a pity she has finished her career so quickly.

I don’t agree ... 

She got lucky that she was let off the hook so easily. She should be remembered as a cheater and not as a champion.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 20/12/2020 at 08:52, rafalgorka said:

https://swimswam.com/bulgarias-17-yr-old-miladinov-rips-5108100fly0for02-inthe-world/

Looks like we heve new contenders in 100 fly behind Dressel - Josif Miladinov BUL and Noe Ponti SUI

I think at least Dressel, Rooney, Milak and Minakov have a better shot at winning a medal. Miladinov is a really interesting case though. If I remember correctly he lived in Germany until 2 years ago. I am not sure whether he was born there or only went there as a child though ...

Switzerland has really made a stunning progress in swimming recently. Now they have 4 athletes (Ponti, Desplanches, Mamie and Ugolkova) who could make the final in Tokyo.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• 2 weeks later...