website statistics

Swimming Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vinipereira

2 hours ago, NearPup said:

Summer McIntosh's coach is looking pretty smart now not making her swim the 400m at trials. Swimming Canada will almost certainly send her and Emily Overholt in that event.

Kylie Masse is looking like a real contender again.

When did Overholt swim the standard?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 hours ago, NMQ said:

I think McIntosh isn´t swimming the 400 in trials.

Yes, I know (but forgot). Thought it was a gamble (since O‘Croinin and Overholt might have been able to swim the standard), but after seeing how slow the other canadian women were, it was a calculated risk and it payed off.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 hours ago, NearPup said:

Summer McIntosh's coach is looking pretty smart now not making her swim the 400m at trials. Swimming Canada will almost certainly send her and Emily Overholt in that event.

Kylie Masse is looking like a real contender again.

100 back has a bit of "4 into 3 won't go" feel to it. McKeown, Dawson, Smith, Masse....and there's no better thing in an olympic year than having a 4 into 3 situation. ATM I'd say it's McKeown, Masse, Dawson .. but I think Dawson might have a lot stlll in the tank, and we know what Smith is capable of...

4 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Yes, I know (but forgot). Thought it was a gamble (since O‘Croinin and Overholt might have been able to swim the standard), but after seeing how slow the other canadian women were, it was a calculated risk and it payed off.

Was it intentional? I read that she couldn't enter, but I don't know. Seems odd if it was tactical.

8 hours ago, intoronto said:

Her entry time was 4:06.27 in early 2019

I think she did that time in February, before the qualification period started. Anyways I don’t really see the sense of entering someone who can’t even break 4:10.

3 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I think she did that time in February, before the qualification period started. Anyways I don’t really see the sense of entering someone who can’t even break 4:10.

Yea I think it will only be McIntosh only. Overholt will likely focus on the 400 im and 4x200