website statistics

Swimming Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vinipereira

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Why is Dressel's 47,39 listed as tying the American record, considering he won the world championships gold in 46,96 two years ago?

It’s listed as tying the US Open record. Refers to the fastest time swam within the United States. It’s different from the American record.

1 minute ago, PHI2019 said:

It’s listed as tying the US Open record. Refers to the fastest time swam within the United States. It’s different from the American record.

Ah, right. Did not know the existence (or at least official record-keeping) of that :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Why is Dressel's 47,39 listed as tying the American record, considering he won the world championships gold in 46,96 two years ago?

Can someone tell me when is the 100 butterfly being swam for men at that competition?

Would be interested in Dressel's time there too, particularly vs. Milak's recent ECh time (50.19)

1 hour ago, dharang said:

Can someone tell me when is the 100 butterfly being swam for men at that competition?

Would be interested in Dressel's time there too, particularly vs. Milak's recent ECh time (50.19)

Semis are tonight, final is tomorrow night.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 17/06/2021 at 19:58, Benolympique said:
At the moment the French, American and Australian selections are done in swimming, suddenly I intend to add the quotas in swimming on Saturdays, for some countries I have no information: - Hungary, Italy, China, Canada, Netherlands, Denmark. A site that could help me? thank you so much

:NED team

women

Ranomi Kromowidjojo - 50 freestyle, 100 freestyle, 4x100 freestyle

Femke Heemskerk - 50 freestyle, 100 freestyle, 4x100 freestyle, 4x100 medley, 4x100 mixed

Kim Busch - 4x100 freestyle

Marrit Steenbergen - 4x100 freestyle

Kira Toussaint - 100 backstroke, 4x100 freestyle, 4x100 medley, 4x100 mixed 

Maaike de Waard - 100 backstroke, 4x100 medley

Sharon van Rouwendaal - 200 backstroke, open water 10 km

Tes Schouten - 100 breaststroke, 4x100 medley

men

Jesse Puts - 50 freestyle, 4x100 freestyle

Thom de Boer - 50 freestyle, 4x100 freestyle

Stan Pijnenburg - 100 freestyle, 4x100 freestyle

Nyls Korstanje - 100 butterfly, 4x100 freestyle, 4x100 mixed

Arno Kamminga - 100 breaststroke, 200 breaststroke, 4x100 mixed

Caspar Corbeau - 100 breaststroke, 200 breaststroke

Arjan Knipping - 400 medley

Ferry Weertman - open water 10 km

12 hours ago, dharang said:

Well, Dressel is in great shape. 50.17 in 100 Fly Heats 

9 hours ago, MagyarBabu said:

Well, Dressel is in great shape. 50.17 in 100 Fly Heats 

Maybe this is one of those typical I-told-you-so moments. I tell everyone that only a fool would count Dressel out. 

And still, even the anchorwoman on Hungarian TV during the ECh kept BSing that Dressel's 49.xx times are from 2019, yada yada. They are now from 2021 too.

It has been quite apparent for me (and should be anyone who paid attention in the last few years) that Dressel will go under 50 and will also likely swim close (if not break) the 100 fly world record. Milák has no chance whatsoever unless he can potentially break the current world record and even that might not be enough because Dressel is just too fast for him. I mean, there's a good chance Dressel can even go under 49 in Tokyo, Milák has never even went under 50. 

We are very likely winning 1 gold medal in swimming and a couple of silver and/or bronze, which is still better than what we got in Athens and Beijing.