website statistics

Women's Water Polo Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

1 hour ago, rajiv said:

Only athletics and football would pass a 50% approval of all nations  requirement .That's a bit too small an Olympics

Many events now -particularly the majority of winter events.- would have a big problem finding 21 supportive nations

Just go thu all the sports - while more than 21 countries  may well seek to participate only a minority actually care much about the sport

Countries I know have little interest in most of the program.Even a major player like Australia -where I've lived has zero intetest in combative sports.

India has zero interst in water based sports 

Which is why the Winter and Summer Olympics are two separate things. Australia has an interest in combat sports by the way, just becuase you’re not winning medals, doesn’t mean people don’t like the sport. The US has only ever had one world champion is biathlon, yet there’s thousands of die-hard fans in the US. If India doesn’t like water sports (haha), then that’s your problem and not ours.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, rajiv said:

Well I know people here are by definition Olympics enthusiasts.but what I see in both western and non western countries is a diminishing interest in the Olympics 

They are too big ,have too many obscure events ( double luge anyone ? ) and there are just too many international games so that they have become nothing special.

I have been in Australia whete the World Athletics Champs and World Aquatic Champs are no longer televised because of lack of interest

Too many drug cheats and so many events dominated by kids who are the product of sporting concentration type camps doesn't help

The IOC trying to be "relevant " may well be the death knell of the movement 

Time to slim down 

EDIT: I already regret posting this, but what can I do now :dunno:

Interest in hosting the games has diminished terribly, but interest in the games themselves is fine. People love the Olympics, they just don’t want to host them because of the horror stories like Rio. The problem you seem to fail to identify (or at least one of them), is the corruption and bureaucracy within the IOC. The IOC is to blame for a lot of this. Rio (and I’m sorry to my Brazilian friends on here), shouldn’t been given the games. The IOC got extremely lucky with their Beijing gamble, and then they went nuts. Let’s not also forget about the ridiculous demands they place on host cities that have nothing to do with the games themselves. 

The size is fine, though you’re making want to drop Shooting, Wrestling, Badminton, and Archery under your system though :mad:. Obscure events! Your nation invented fucking Kabaddi and Kho-Kho! Just because an event is “obscure”, it doesn’t make it any less deserving of Olympic inclusion.

Those claims are downright false, and quite frankly hilarious to read. I’m sure @KingOfTheRhinos can back me up here.

They are too many drug cheats, that’s the first true part of your statement. 

Sorry, we can’t all grew up in the wonderful conditions India has provided it’s youth...

Now, I’m going to start my rant.

All the fucking time I see sports fans from India complaining that multi-sports games are unfair because they don’t win enough medals. Maybe it’s time to grow the fuck up, and look inward at your problems. A) You’re competing against highly developed countries with billions of dollars invested into sports. B) There are people in your country right now, who just received electricity for the first time ever last year. C) If you’re so concerned about other countries cheating, do something about it! Don’t just sit their like whining bitches because who need their diapers changed every seconds because they’re to incapable of doing anything themselves.  

Also, not every as meant as a slight against India. Even though Indians seem to think the interest world is out to destroy their way of life, it’s not true. Yes, the CGF removing shooting from the Commonwealth Games was a shity move, but so is being so concerned about your precious medal table standing that you’ll boycott the games unless you can both shooting and archery now. 

Here’s my advice. The Olympic Games and international sports as a whole are flawed, but your suggestions are shit, and you should keep them to yourself.

To every other sane user, I’m sorry for this behavior. It’s been a long month, and I had some anger pent up. I apologize for my language, and my derogatory attitude towards Indian sports fans. I really did some harsh stereotyping right there, and it’s not fair, because most Indian sports fans aren’t like that. There just seems to be a super vocal minority I’ve seen various places around the web, and I’ve had enough quite frankly. This behavior doesn’t model the behavior I always say I wish for the forum, and that is a shortcoming on my part. However, that said, I just needed this right now, so there. Also, sorry moderators for both making read this, and for wasting your time on this junk. 

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

27 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

C) If you’re so concerned about other countries cheating, do something about it!

I'm immediately going to send Russia an email saying they should stop cheating! :mad:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm immediately going to send Russia an email saying they should stop cheating! :mad:

I’m just saying that India does have some weight to throw. 

3 hours ago, rajiv said:

Well I know people here are by definition Olympics enthusiasts.but what I see in both western and non western countries is a diminishing interest in the Olympics 

They are too big ,have too many obscure events ( double luge anyone ? ) and there are just too many international games so that they have become nothing special.

I have been in Australia whete the World Athletics Champs and World Aquatic Champs are no longer televised because of lack of interest

Too many drug cheats and so many events dominated by kids who are the product of sporting concentration type camps doesn't help

The IOC trying to be "relevant " may well be the death knell of the movement 

Time to slim down 

no, my friend...:finger:

you're completely wrong...:evil:

those events have not been broadcasted on free tv (only) because of the crazy raising of the tv rights costs and the current hypocrisy for the socalled "spending review"...

here in  Italy it's also the same story...our public / free commercial networks just ignore the vast majority of sport events because of supposed lack of money (the truth is that they just prefer wasting it in stupid tv shows like dancing with the stars -where the supposed "stars" are overpayed a scandalous amount of money- or the Sanremo Song Festival)...

but this doesn't mean that there's a lack of interest or a decreased attention among the people...

and no...it's not time to slim down...actually, it's time to make the Summer Games a full 3-week event, growing to 35 sports and 400 events (at least)...:pope:

meanwhile the Winter Games are good as they are, and who cares if it's only a matter for half the world or so...:whistle:

because there's nothing like the Olympic Games in the world...you can add to the calendar as many international events as you want, but they are not and will never be even comparable to the charm, the feeling, the hype, the prestige and the importance of the Olympic Games...

Edited by phelps

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

you can't even imagine how many times I asked our great savy political leader Salvini to tell his dear friend "uncle Vlad" to stop cheating because it causes a wrong perception of the whole Russian Country in the Western world...:whistle:

On 02/02/2020 at 20:33, phelps said:

no, my friend...:finger:

you're completely wrong...:evil:

those events have not been broadcasted on free tv (only) because of the crazy raising of the tv rights costs and the current hypocrisy for the socalled "spending review"...

here in  Italy it's also the same story...our public / free commercial networks just ignore the vast majority of sport events because of supposed lack of money (the truth is that they just prefer wasting it in stupid tv shows like dancing with the stars -where the supposed "stars" are overpayed a scandalous amount of money- or the Sanremo Song Festival)...

but this doesn't mean that there's a lack of interest or a decreased attention among the people...

and no...it's not time to slim down...actually, it's time to make the Summer Games a full 3-week event, growing to 35 sports and 400 events (at least)...:pope:

meanwhile the Winter Games are good as they are, and who cares if it's only a matter for half the world or so...:whistle:

because there's nothing like the Olympic Games in the world...you can add to the calendar as many international events as you want, but they are not and will never be even comparable to the charm, the feeling, the hype, the prestige and the importance of the Olympic Games...

Have to agree, some networks like 10 literally only have motorsport as the sport content on their channels.

So we get long droughts of sport on that network waiting for F1, MotoGP etc to come back.

Meanwhile they keep showing reruns of crime shows and court room dramas.

Meanwhile other networks got stuff like AFL, NFL, NRL, Cricket, Tennis, NBA, Soccer etc.

Thanks CBS :yes

• 2 weeks later...

:wall:

:NED and :ITA in the same poule at the Olympic Qualification tournament. In the end only 10 teams are participating (Africa and South America withdrew), therefore there will be only a round robin. Both poule winners qualify for the Olympics. Not very happy with this draw, against Italy in Italy.

5 minuten geleden, JoshMartini007 zei:

Weird, you'd think they would have had at least a semi-final match

I'm not sure about it, but the person who did the draw ceremony mumbled something like that. The men's tournament has quarter finals and semi finals for sure.