website statistics

Surfing ISA World Games 2021

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, phelps said:

what a shame!

if I'm not wrong, Surf is the only individual sport (considering Trampoline as just 1 discipline of Gymnastics) where no Italians have been able to qualify a single representative...:facepalm:

Badminton?

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

18 minutes ago, phelps said:

what a shame!

if I'm not wrong, Surf is the only individual sport (considering Trampoline as just 1 discipline of Gymnastics) where no Italians have been able to qualify a single representative...:facepalm:

Sadly we have the badminton too... But the federation works very well in the schools with their project, we have a brunch of good young athletes ;)

10 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Sadly we have the badminton too... But the federation works very well in the schools with their project, we have a brunch of good young athletes ;)

Really -is there any surfing in Italy  ?

you need access to the open ocean for real surfing. And a suitable climate  . Only a few European countries genuinely have this -Portugal , Spain , France ,  GB have a local surfing scene and I think that's about it for Europe .( Although maybe there are now artificial surfing venues being established )

Maybe there are big waves off Norway but I suspect the climate doesn't invite surfing 

It's a sport that is dependant  on having the right geography and climate  -just like skiing 

As for badminton -rather like table tennis - Just naturalize  a few ( more ) Asians . Works for many countries 

Just now, rajiv said:

you need access to the open ocean for real surfing. And a suitable climate  . Only a few European countries genuinely have this -Portugal , Spain , France ,  GB have a local surfing scene and I think that's about it for Europe .( Although maybe there are now artificial surfing venues being established )

Maybe there are big waves off Norway but I suspect the climate doesn't invite surfing 

It's a sport that is dependant  on having the right geography and climate  -just like skiing 

As for badminton -rather like table tennis - Just naturalize  a few ( more ) Asians . Works for many countries 

I spoke about badminton :evil: Btw, I know that some surfing races, like the Italian championship, usually are made in Sardinia. 

The surfers who win the Women's Main Round today will take an Olympic Quota. Those who lose the heats, will have another chance.

so, 2 quotas among Pauline Ado :FRA Yolanda Sequeira :POR Teresa Bonvalot :POR and Mahina Maeda :JPN

Also 2 quotas among Lucia Indurain :ARG Paige Hareb :NZL Leilani Mcgonagle :CRC and Daniella Rosas :PER (quota for :ECU)

3 hours ago, Quasit said:

Badminton?

completely forgot about that...:nopompom: :whistle:

but I wrote it..."if I'm not wrong", which actually I was, of course...:hairpull:

nothing new under the sun (which also isn't there here where I live at the moment)...:rofl: :facepalm:

3 hours ago, rajiv said:

actually, we have some of the best surfing and windsurfing spots in Europe...with wonderful beaches and landscapes, hot sun, strong wind and also good waves...

in Italy you can find almost everything in terms of natural environment and climate...from mountains to sea, from lakes to rivers, from hot sunny beaches to cold freezy ski mountaineering routes...

we only lack in young people practicing some sports at high level because they're too uncomfortbale or because they're too expensive...

and in this case, we just had our guys underperforming, because Fioravanti in the men's division and Bevilacqua in the women's division definitely have the skills to qualify for the Games, but this time they just failed to perform at their best...point.