website statistics

Surfing ISA World Games 2021

Totallympics

In Portugal you are Portuguese if your Parents are Portuguese and might also get it from grandparents (some rules might apply here for the grandparents case), if you are born in Portugal from non Portuguese parents you are not Portuguese, we have the Jus Sanguinis system.

You can however pretend to be Portuguese after living several years in the country (those years might vary depending on some factors I think).

We do have at least one canoe athlete qualified that was born in France and lived in France with a Portuguese parent... 

sorry about the off-topic

all of our girls are not born and raised in Italy (still, they have strong Italian heritage)...

Bevilacqua is basically Australian, Gussoni and Legati have ties with Costa Rica, Argentina and Spain (I don't remember exactly who comes from where and the other family ties)...

even Fioravanti, despite being Italian at 100% greew up in France and now he's based mainly at the Hawai'i...

3 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

I think we will know the first male qualified surfer(s) once Heat 3 from round 5 is completed. Am I right @Laraja?

So, as I said previously, this system is always a mess on my mind :lol:

But I don't think so, because there are many surfers on repechage rounds... but who advance now, will be very close to get a quota.

2 minutes ago, Laraja said:

So, as I said previously, this system is always a mess on my mind :lol:

But I don't think so, because there are many surfers on repechage rounds... but who advance now, will be very close to get a quota.

But aren’t those who advance to round 6 guaranteed  top 10 finish, and given France and Japan already have secured their max quotas, it should be pretty safe for them?

1 minute ago, mrv86 said:

But aren’t those who advance to round 6 guaranteed  top 10 finish, and given France and Japan already have secured their max quotas, it should be pretty safe for them?

Who loses on this round is going to Repechage round 8. We will have 12 surfers on this phase of competition

Plus, 6 surfers from Main round.

18 Surfers.... If I am not wrong. 7 surfers cannot grab quotas... so 11 surfers yet for 5 spots.

2 minutes ago, NearPup said:

:INA and :VEN are the only two unqualified countries left in the men’s main round, though :JPN also has two surfers in the main round that could override their continental quota (which would give :INA a quota).

VEN is not in the main round anymore.

6 left

H 73 Competitor Info Pts P
  Hiroto Ohhara JPN    
  Kanoa Igarashi JPN    
  Joan Duru FRA    
H 74 Competitor Info Pts P
  Shun Murakami JPN    
  Jeremy Flores FRA    
  I Ketut Agus Aditya Putra INA

10 minutes ago, Jack Gonçalves said:

VEN is not in the main round anymore.

6 left

H 73 Competitor Info Pts P
  Hiroto Ohhara JPN    
  Kanoa Igarashi JPN    
  Joan Duru FRA    
H 74 Competitor Info Pts P
  Shun Murakami JPN    
  Jeremy Flores FRA    
  I Ketut Agus Aditya Putra INA

Ya, watched a repechage heat that I thought was part of the main round.