website statistics

Men's Water Polo Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

40 minutes ago, MHSN said:

well it's easy to predict that Asia #1 will be :CHN and Asia #2 will be :IRI . but if they want to participate here that's another question.

but according to Iranian Swimming Federation, they received a letter from organizers and the Asian Qualifiers are postponed to 24 February, in the same venue, Kazakhstan. but this is just a proposal and not confirmed yet. it seems they want to kill time as much as possible because both Chinese teams are in Europe (in Spain if I'm not wrong) and in a kind of quarantine

Both Chinese men and women national team are currently training in Montenegro, Men's team kept training in Spain for a long time before Montenegro and Women's team went there from China at the end of January. Even the event is not suspended, the quarantine time should be still enough. I hope China men's team could win the asian quota because they are the last and only hope of the collective ball games.

8 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Looks like the Asian Games results will be used. This means :KAZ has qualified while :IRI= Asia 1 and :CHN= Asia 2

So sad Chinese guys lost the opportunity to compete the quota, they kept training in Europe all for a long time to prepare the qualifier and turn out lost it in a so dramatic way:(

2 hours ago, Pifta said:

Why is South Africa qialified automatically? OK, I understand they need an african team, but there are 54 countries in Africa. Shouldn't the winner of the African Championship qualify?

most likely RSA are the African Champions, even if I just can't find any result of last year's African Champs...:mumble:

11 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Looks like the Asian Games results will be used. This means :KAZ has qualified while :IRI= Asia 1 and :CHN= Asia 2

Is this confirmed ? or just a rumor or suggestion ?! that's unbelievable. I mean everybody knows Kazakhstan would win the quota but still it's other countries' right to participate and try.

Kazakhstan can't host the tournament they promised to host, so let's give them a free quota ?! giving free quotas in Oceania and Africa wasn't enough for FINA already ?! if nobody is interested to host the competition, they just can have it few days before the Qualification tournament in the Netherlands. (and Italy for the women's qualification)

There are no senior African Championships, other countries only field teams for youth categories. The only official continental competition South Africa regularly participates in is the EU Nations Cup with weaker European teams.

Edited by Dunadan

49 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Is this confirmed ? or just a rumor or suggestion ?! that's unbelievable. I mean everybody knows Kazakhstan would win the quota but still it's other countries' right to participate and try.

Kazakhstan can't host the tournament they promised to host, so let's give them a free quota ?! giving free quotas in Oceania and Africa wasn't enough for FINA already ?! if nobody is interested to host the competition, they just can have it few days before the Qualification tournament in the Netherlands. (and Italy for the women's qualification)

Until now only some influential media report it and no official confirmation yet. I can't believe it either. It's quite understandable no other asian countries are willing to host it because only China and Kazakhstan are capable to get the quota. No one wants to be the host country with no hope for quota.