website statistics

Trampoline Gymnastics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

On 08/06/2021 at 13:22, intoronto said:

This means 9 spots will be given to men through the world series and 8 for the women.

I think that's incorrect the three criteria should add up to 14. It should be 7 for both genders. For men 5 qualified at the world champs plus continental quotas for Africa and Pan America while for women 6 qualified at the world champs plus a continental quota for Africa. (Oceania loses its quota in both genders due to the World Cup rankings)

7 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I think that's incorrect the three criteria should add up to 14. It should be 7 for both genders. For men 5 qualified at the world champs plus continental quotas for Africa and Pan America while for women 6 qualified at the world champs plus a continental quota for Africa. (Oceania loses its quota in both genders due to the World Cup rankings)

America's also qualifies in men's through the WC. Overall confusing.

On 08/06/2021 at 21:22, intoronto said:

I re-read the qualification system, and this line: 

The highest placed male and highest placed female athlete, based on the results of the Finals from each Continental Championships 2020 will each qualify one (1) quota place for their NOC, provided the continent has not already an NOC qualified under Criteria 1 (2019 World Championships) or 3 (2019/2020 Trampoline World Cup Series). To me this means Oceania does not get a continental spot, only Africa will, because Oceania stands to gain athletes through the world series.

This means 9 spots will be given to men through the world series and 8 for the women.

Men 

So these 9 should get the quotas based on the current ranking:

:BLR  :CHN :RUS:JPN  :NZL  :POR :POR:AUS:UKR  

:GBR and :ESP would get the reallocated host + tripartite spots if the World Cup Rankings are allocated first. However, I don't think this is the case as the qualification system does not explicitly say this (unlike the other parts of the document). If these are reallocated first, :NZL and :POR would get the quotas, bumping those two world cup quotas to :CAN and :KAZ 

Women

So these 8 should get the quotas based on the current ranking:

:CHN:JPN:GBR:RUS:USA:NZL  :AUS :MEX   

:GER and :UKR would get the host + tripartie reallocation, in either scenario. 

No-one seems to have told :GBR about their Men's quota - only Bryony Page and Laura Gallagher selected and no mention of further selections.    

https://www.british-gymnastics.org/articles/team-gb-trampoline-gymnasts-named-for-tokyo-olympics

4 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

Does anyone have any idea when FIG are due to publish details of the quotas awarded based on performance in the WC series?

After the final stage of the Artistic Gymnastics World Cup series they will have no excuse not to publish everything.

If I'm right, they will probably publish it on June 28, along with the official tripartite invitations. The only one we don't know about, actually, is in women's artistic gymnastics. There will be no tripartite invitations in trampoline.