website statistics

Trampoline Gymnastics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Another federation that can’t read their own rules.

Both host quota and tripartite reallocation were supposed to go to best NOCs from qualification round at 2019 World Championships.

:GER was screwed in women’s & :GBR in men’s, while :UKR was given a men quota instead of women.

I'm perplexed how Canada managed a second spot in women's and not get a spot in the men's. I was using the ranking on the FIG website which shows Canada ahead of Ukraine which is why I am so confused. 

5 minutes ago, james89 said:

I'm perplexed how Canada managed a second spot in women's and not get a spot in the men's. I was using the ranking on the FIG website which shows Canada ahead of Ukraine which is why I am so confused. 

But if you look at the last column (where it shows 4 tops scores, Ukraine is ahead of Canada)

The continental quota to Africa is what did Canada in damn.

14 minutes ago, intoronto said:

But if you look at the last column (where it shows 4 tops scores, Ukraine is ahead of Canada)

The continental quota to Africa is what did Canada in damn.

Can you explain Canada's women's quota? If we go by the World Series ranking then it should go to Belarus and if we use the 2019 World Championships results then it should go to Germany...

4 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Can you explain Canada's women's quota? If we go by the World Series ranking then it should go to Belarus and if we use the 2019 World Championships results then it should go to Germany...

It looks like they took the top placed athlete from either the final or semi-final not already qualified. 

5 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I am just as confused as everyone lol. Even Gymnastics Canada has no idea (though they did appeal the qualification document, and kept suggesting Sam should have qualified)... so IDK

15 minutes ago, james89 said:

It looks like they took the top placed athlete from either the final or semi-final not already qualified. 

Looks like you are right, that also fits with :USA getting the men's quota. So not only did FIG get the tripartite reallocation wrong, they also got the wrong round for the host reallocation.

While it makes more sense to use the final/semi-final results, that's not what is written in the document...