hckošice

4 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Individual Sprint - 1

Keirin - 1

both can participate in both events

Team Pursuit - 4

that gives two of them a quota in Madison

Omnium - 1

are you sure that NOCs that did not qualify a team can enter two athletes in keirin and sprint? I believe it is reserved only to NOCs entering team sprint

2 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

are you sure that NOCs that did not qualify a team can enter two athletes in keirin and sprint? I believe it is reserved only to NOCs entering team sprint

They can. Qualification document says the maximum number of starters in sprint and keirin is 30.

Those 30 are as follows...

16 from team sprint

7 from sprint rankings

7 from keirin rankings

It's fair that team sprint is not the only way of getting two starters.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

They can. Qualification document says the maximum number of starters in sprint and keirin is 30.

Those 30 are as follows...

16 from team sprint

7 from sprint rankings

7 from keirin rankings

It's fair that team sprint is not the only way of getting two starters.

My interpretation is the following:

- 8 teams qualifies for team sprint and they can enter 2 athletes in both individual events;

-7 NOCs qualify 1 athlete in keirin and they are also granted to start in sprint;

- further 7 NOCs qualify in sprint, considering continental representation, and can start in both events. (I suppose that considering the need to respect continental representation, keirin has a higher priority in defining quota allocations)

To me, it makes sense to allow only NOCs that qualified in team sprint to have 2 starters.

il y a 3 minutes, AlFHg a dit :

- 8 teams qualifies for team sprint and they can enter 2 athletes in both individual events;

-7 NOCs qualify 1 athlete in keirin and they are also granted to start in sprint;

- further 7 NOCs qualify in sprint, considering continental representation, and can start in both events. (I suppose that considering the need to respect continental representation, keirin has a higher priority in defining quota allocations)

To me, it makes sense to allow only NOCs that qualified in team sprint to have 2 starters.

I think the same

10 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

I don't think so. Qualification document never says that nations can't qualify in both sprint and keirin. Usually if there is such provision, it is clearly stated with something like: "Only the NOCs which did not qualify in keirin...".

#banbestmen