website statistics

Track Cycling Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

il y a 9 minutes, Andry84 a dit :

France overtake Belgium in women pursuit but  this result didn' t change anything in substance, because being 130 behind or 130 points ahead is the same situation, who will finish ahead between France and Belgium in Berlin will go to Tokyo(and it should be France).

For men team pursuit no chance for France  even with today result.

thank you, i was prepared not to see the men chasing in tokyo, but i wholeheartedly hope to see the girls in tokyo

when the new rankings come out, it would be really helpful if someone who knows the intricacies of the UCI track ranking could do up a little preview of the World Championship and what possible qualification scenarios exist

I realize it's probably far too much work though!

1 hour ago, dodge said:

when the new rankings come out, it would be really helpful if someone who knows the intricacies of the UCI track ranking could do up a little preview of the World Championship and what possible qualification scenarios exist

should absolutely be doable with about a month to go :)

16 hours ago, dodge said:

i'm already on it, but you're right it's a little too much. I'll start to upload the previews next week.

So far the following quotas are 100% sure:

:AUS in men's team pursuit.

:NED in men's team sprint

:RUS in women's team sprint

Even if they get disqualified at this year's worlds, they couldn't drop below 8th place.

On 25/01/2020 at 15:19, Benolympique said:

thank you, i was prepared not to see the men chasing in tokyo, but i wholeheartedly hope to see the girls in tokyo

There are but  5 serious non European  Winter Olympic countries -USA, Canada.Japan, China , Sth Korea ( and the last 2 are Olympic medal obsessives who will pour millions into any event on the Olympic ptogram even if previously unknown to them )

Other countries may win medals eg Australia & NZ  but they are very sporty places who enter everything (& must compete in their summer )

32 minutes ago, rajiv said:

There are but  5 serious non European  Winter Olympic countries -USA, Canada.Japan, China , Sth Korea ( and the last 2 are Olympic medal obsessives who will pour millions into any event on the Olympic ptogram even if previously unknown to them )

Other countries may win medals eg Australia & NZ  but they are very sporty places who enter everything (& must compete in their summer )

So you mean that countries that care about sports, and often offer funding, do better than those that don’t. Revolutionary:yikes:

Kazakhstan, and Uzbekistan have won medals well (Kazakhstan with actual Kazakhs). There’s also a very good chance we could see Colombia, Argentina, or Chile win medals in the future.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

34 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

in the women's team pursuit France is 9th, and 30 points behind Belgium, that they are the possibilities for France to pass Belgium and go to the games?

I have already explained 5 times, who finish better between France and Belgium in Berlin will fly to Tokyo, and in my opinion France is better with a good margin.

30 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

in the women's team pursuit France is 9th, and 30 points behind Belgium, that they are the possibilities for France to pass Belgium and go to the games?

France more or less "just" need to end up in front of Belgium at the Worlds. Easier said than done, but not impossible.

On 27/01/2020 at 11:16, dodge said:

Even if just for the Mens and Womens Madison and Omnium.