4 quotas

:CZE :CUB :DEN :NZL 

3 quotas

:ITA :TUN 

2 quotas

:EGY :SRB :BRA :ROU :STP :BEL :SLO :CHI :UZB 

1 quota

:ARG :GBR :NGR :SWE :USA 

Spain's +1 quota will either be reallocated to Sweden or Serbia, depending on what athlete quota Spain will send back. Also, if you want to go with the official version we can just leave Argentina out until ICF confirms it. 

Edited by Vektor

Just now, Vektor said:

Spain's +1 quota will either be reallocated to Sweden or Serbia, depending on what athlete quota Spain will send back. Also, if you want to go with the official version we can just leave Argentina out until ICF confirms it. 

How could it go to Serbia?

Just now, sportsfanatic said:

How could it go to Serbia?

Well, if Spain sends back one of their K2 or K4 athlete quotas for some weird reason we will have an interesting situation, because the Olympic qualification document doesn't say what happens in that case. They won't be able to fill a K2 or K4 boat with that. I am guessing that it would go to the next highest ranked NOC in K1 1000m by default, which is Australia, but they have already qualified 6 athletes, so the next one is Serbia with their 11th place in K1 1000m. 

Edited by Vektor

@JoshMartini007 I got sent the following document/link in the ICF media package. I don’t know if it’s helpful or something you already saw, but I thought I’d run it by you.  EDIT: I’m an idiot, I didn’t see it was posted on the last page. Sorrycanoe_sprint_quota_allocation_-_tokyo_20

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

"As each country can only earn a maximum of two quota places per category through continental qualifications, it means South Africa will have to make the difficult decision of whether to hold on to the K2 500 or the K1 500."

despicable me what GIF

ICF. :bowdown: Completely clueless about their own qualificatoin system. :roflmao:

#banbestmen