website statistics

Sprint Canoeing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

Per local news, Agustin Vernice :ARG (9° in K1 1000) said at his home town that he has qualified to the olympics thanks to a quota reallocation and it was told to him by IFC.

https://enlineanoticias.com.ar/secciones/ciudad/llego-agustin-vernice-a-olavarria-y-anuncio-que-clasifico-para-los-olimpicos-de-tokio/

How does it work? I don't see it :dunno:

28 minutes ago, NMQ said:

Per local news, Agustin Vernice :ARG (9° in K1 1000) said at his home town that he has qualified to the olympics thanks to a quota reallocation and it was told to him by IFC.

https://enlineanoticias.com.ar/secciones/ciudad/llego-agustin-vernice-a-olavarria-y-anuncio-que-clasifico-para-los-olimpicos-de-tokio/

I don't think so... Men's kayak only had one reallocation quota and it went to Belarus. Only way for him to get the quota would be if three nations ahead of him declined their quota which at this point is very unlikely to have occurred.

41 minutes ago, NMQ said:

There's one way it can happen: if for some weird reason Spain's unused athlete quota is one of their K2 or K4 athlete quotas. I think in that case Vernice would get the quota. If Spain's unused quota is the one in K1 200 (as we all assume it is), Sweden will get the quota for their K1 200 6th place. It depends on which athlete quota Spain will give back to ICF. 

Edited by Vektor

Quotas Kayac

(MEN)

K-1 200 (6)

GBR ,SRB ,#ESP ,FRA ,ITA SUE

K-1 1000 (9)

HUN ,RCH POR SVK ,RUS ,BLR ,FRA ,#ESP ,ARG

K-2 1000 (7)

ALE ,#ESP ,FRA ,RCH ,AUS ,ITA ,RUS

K-4 500 (10)

ALE ,#ESP ,SVK ,RUS, HUN ,POR ,BLR ,CAN ,AUS ,JPN

à l’instant, manu270 a dit :

Quotas Kayac

(MEN)

K-1 200 (6)

GBR ,SRB ,#ESP ,FRA ,ITA SUE

K-1 1000 (9)

HUN ,RCH POR SVK ,RUS ,BLR ,FRA ,#ESP ,ARG

K-2 1000 (7)

ALE ,#ESP ,FRA ,RCH ,AUS ,ITA ,RUS

K-4 500 (10)

ALE ,#ESP ,SVK ,RUS, HUN ,POR ,BLR ,CAN ,AUS ,JPN

It's official ?

I don't think the above is true. There's no way we can get six K1 200m boats. The only way for Sweden to qualify would be if Spain declines its quota.

Likewise, how does Russia get a quota in the K2 (outside of Spain outright denying the K2 boat)?