website statistics

Sprint Canoeing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

49 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Canoe Kayak Canada petitioned for an extra Olympic spot that would allow her to compete in the singles event and in the doubles with Vincent. But the International Olympic Committee still hasn't responded to the request. So, with the Tokyo Games now just over two weeks away, the Canadian governing body came up with a workaround that it revealed today: in the event that the IOC doesn't end up granting Vincent Lapointe the extra spot, Canada will reallocate one of its women's kayak berths to her for canoe — based on the determination that she has a better shot at gold than the kayaker it would have went to.

:facepalm:

But this doesn’t explain the K2 entry. So confusing. 

42 minutes ago, james89 said:

But this doesn’t explain the K2 entry. So confusing. 

You mean c2? Well if they get an extra spot for Laurence (which they seem to think they will) that is enough for a C2.

Also they did not get an extra spot in kayak. They named a reserve to the team... which I believe is Courtney Stott. 

13 minutes ago, intoronto said:

You mean c2? Well if they get an extra spot for Laurence (which they seem to think they will) that is enough for a C2.

Also they did not get an extra spot in kayak. They named a reserve to the team... which I believe is Courtney Stott. 

No I had meant K2 I just assumed due to the vaguely worded Team Canada announcement that Stott and Bissonette were given a K2 spot. Mess. 

3 hours ago, NearPup said:

I mean tbh this always seemed like a pretty obvious thing to do assuming it’s allowed by the ICF / IOC.

Do you mean If an NOC have 3 quotas in C2 and C1 but just planning send 2 athletes to attend both events, then ICF would allow them to reallocate the unused canoe quota to  a kayak quota?