website statistics

Sprint Canoeing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

22 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

suddenly france has a quota via the world championships in K1 1000m? I don't understand anything

France won a boat quota at the 2019 World Championships due to reallocation, but because Etienne Hubert also competed in the K2 1000m where France also won a quota they didn't win an athlete quota so the athlete quota was then reallocated to Spain (declined due to too many men's kayak quota) and then Argentina.

So basically, France must compete in the men's K1 200m, K1 1000m and K2 1000m, but can only select three athletes.

9 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

France won a boat quota at the 2019 World Championships due to reallocation, but because Etienne Hubert also competed in the K2 1000m where France also won a quota they didn't win an athlete quota so the athlete quota was then reallocated to Spain (declined due to too many men's kayak quota) and then Argentina.

So basically, France must compete in the men's K1 200m, K1 1000m and K2 1000m, but can only select three athletes.

can we hope for a reallocation of quota, in c2 man and woman?

I think there's a good chance that we will reject our women's C1 200m quota and it will be reallocated. Balla and Takács, our two athletes in women's C2 500m, dominated at the Hungarian trials in C1 200m, so unless one of them doesn't want to compete in C1 at the Games, they will likely take the two Hungarian spots in C1 and we won't need to use our third women's canoe quota. But I think the Hungarian federation won't make this official until June, so this can be a last minute reallocation.