website statistics

Sprint Canoeing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

if you feel smart, just try to figure out how things work with ICF qualification system, you won't feel smart anymore :d

I'm somehow glad we are not good in this sport :p and I don't have to go through all these weird things, Weightlifting was enough for me.

Ivana Kmeťová is pregnant, which is ofc an awesome news but also means she is pausing her career now and will not fight for the Tokyo Olympics anymore. With Kohlová partially retired and the young girls not good enough yet she Was obviously our only hope to have a female representative in this sport in Tokyo.

That is for us then here. Maybe a M C1 quota is still feasible by Rusnák or Farkas, but I do not see anything more. Going to be our smallest Canoeing Sprint team at the Olympics for ages (and this include also the former Czechoslovak era in which slovak paddlers always made up the majority)

However at least we have the M K4 quota secured which is the most important.

looks like Peter Gelle who won the :SVK K1-1000m quota will very likely miss the games, he totaly flopped at the National races this week finishing only 6th and worse...

The composition of our K4 for Tokyo will be officialzed after next week Szeged race. The coaches decided to send there the 4 best of this week national races.

so the crew is

Samuel Baláž - Denis Myšák (Silver in Rio 2016) - Erik Vlček (39 years old legend, Silver in Rio 2016, Silver in Beijing 2008, Bronze in Athens 2004, 10 times K4 world champion may compete at his 6th Olympics which will be absolute Slovak record of all sports) - Adam Botek

if they manage to achieve the desired result in Szeged next week and will repeat it at the ECH then they will go to tokyo in this composition. Otherwise depending on the results Csaba Zalka may replace one of them.

Gelle however will have another chance at Szeged to defend his K1 quota. Also the K2 crew is finalized Samuel Baláž – Adam Botek

The whole team for Szeged OQ, Szeged WC and Barbaul OQ is here https://www.canoe.sk/sk/hladka-voda/clanok/navrh-nominacie-na-zaciatok-sezony-2021

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

looks like Peter Gelle who won the :SVK K1-1000m quota will very likely miss the games, he totaly flopped at the National races this week finishing only 6th and worse...

The composition of our K4 for Tokyo will be officialzed after next week Szeged race. The coaches decided to send there the 4 best of this week national races.

so the crew is

Samuel Baláž - Denis Myšák (Silver in Rio 2016) - Erik Vlček (39 years old legend, Silver in Rio 2016, Silver in Beijing 2008, Bronze in Athens 2004, 10 times K4 world champion may compete at his 6th Olympics which will be absolute Slovak record of all sports) - Adam Botek

if they manage to achieve the desired result in Szeged next week and will repeat it at the ECH then they will go to tokyo in this composition. Otherwise depending on the results Csaba Zalka may replace one of them.

Gelle however will have another chance at Szeged to defend his K1 quota. Also the K2 crew is finalized Samuel Baláž – Adam Botek

The whole team for Szeged OQ, Szeged WC and Barbaul OQ is here https://www.canoe.sk/sk/hladka-voda/clanok/navrh-nominacie-na-zaciatok-sezony-2021

What the hell happened to Gelle? I remember him competing against Dostál and nearly beating him at one WCH or ECH .....