website statistics

Sprint Canoeing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@JoshMartini007 If New Zealand qualifies for the K2 1000m, can they also submit an entry for the K1 1000m then?

Yes, but only if the athlete competing in the K1 events is also a part of the K2 boat.

Two K1 spots will be redistributed between :COK:PLW:SAM:TGA. It's essentially already confirmed, and can only change if NZ capsizes in K2 or if some entries drop out.

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Surprised the Aussies need his money :p

They don’t :p They do need closer ties to the region, since China’s been on a tear in the region (in terms of making friends, and building badly needed infrastructure for the local community). The easiest way to make friends is through sport (which China have also realized since they’re building all the venues for the 2023 Pacific Games)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yes, but only if the athlete competing in the K1 events is also a part of the K2 boat.

Two K1 spots will be redistributed between :COK:PLW:SAM:TGA. It's essentially already confirmed, and can only change if NZ capsizes in K2 or if some entries drop out.

Okay, now I like this qualification system more. I was looking at the quota (boat) distribution the other day, and I was very concerned.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Okay, now I like this qualification system more. I was looking at the quota (boat) distribution the other day, and I was very concerned.

Yes, :MOZ Mozambique would be a good exmple of this. They qualified a C2 boat in 2016, but used the opportunity to also race in the C1 200 and C1 1000 events. You can enter as many events as you please with already qualified athletes.

#banbestmen

• 2 weeks later...
1 hora atrás, Benolympique disse:

how many quotas for each country during these championships thank you

Men K1 200m - :COK

Men K1 1000m - :SAM

Men K2 1000m - :NZL

Men C1 1000m - :AUS

Women K1 200m - :COK

Women K2 500m - :AUS

Women K1 500m - :SAM

Women C1 200m - :NZL

Women C2 500m - :AUS

Edited by Laraja

34 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

No, in total? By country?

The math isn’t that hard buddy. :COK 1 man/1 woman, :AUS 1 man/4 women, :NZL 2 men/1 woman, :SAM 1 man/1 woman