website statistics

Sprint Canoeing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

4 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

What the hell happened to Gelle? I remember him competing against Dostál and nearly beating him at one WCH or ECH .....

Beat fairly by others, that´s all. Samuel Baláž won both K1 national qualification races ahead of Myšák, he and Denis Myšák looks in great form. Myšák is the biggest surprise, after his surgery in 2019 he managed to return in superb shape and now made it to the K4 even by removing Csaba Zalka from the crew.

The results of the first day of the first Hungarian Olympic trials:

To qualify for the European qualifier:

Men's K1 200m

1. Kolos Csizmadia 36.844

2. Levente Apagyi 37.389

3. Márk Balaska 37.605

Men's K2 1000m

1. Kornél Béke, Ádám Varga 3:26.878

2. Levente Kurucz, Benedek Kós 3:29.593

3. Bálint Noé, Tamás Kulifai 3:32.898

Men's C1 1000m

1. Ádám Bodonyi 4:25.275

2. Attlika Szőke 4:26.714

3. Ádám Slihoczki 4:28.708

Other races that were more of a test for the athletes, we will have another trial event for these:

Women's K1 500m

1. Dóra Bodony 1:59.445

2. Alida Dóra Gazsó 1:59.889

3. Tamara Csipes 2:00.161

Danuta Kozák missed the event because she's injured.

Women's C1 200m

1. Virág Balla 52:232

2. Kincső Takács Deveriné 52.688

3. Danni Seres 52.854

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

The results of the first day of the first Hungarian Olympic trials:

To qualify for the European qualifier:

Men's K1 200m

1. Kolos Csizmadia 36.844

2. Levente Apagyi 37.389

3. Márk Balaska 37.605

Men's K2 1000m

1. Kornél Béke, Ádám Varga 3:26.878

2. Levente Kurucz, Benedek Kós 3:29.593

3. Bálint Noé, Tamás Kulifai 3:32.898

Men's C1 1000m

1. Ádám Bodonyi 4:25.275

2. Attlika Szőke 4:26.714

3. Ádám Slihoczki 4:28.708

Other races that were more of a test for the athletes, we will have another trial event for these:

Women's K1 500m

1. Dóra Bodony 1:59.445

2. Alida Dóra Gazsó 1:59.889

3. Tamara Csipes 2:00.161

Danuta Kozák missed the event because she's injured.

Women's C1 200m

1. Virág Balla 52:232

2. Kincső Takács Deveriné 52.688

3. Danni Seres 52.854

Any indication if Hungary will be sending two boats for C1/K1/K2 events? Curious how the powerhouses will go about this. More boats, or focusing their effort.

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Any indication if Hungary will be sending two boats for C1/K1/K2 events? Curious how the powerhouses will go about this. More boats, or focusing their effort.

I haven't seen anything about this. I think logic dictates that we will have two boats as long as the athletes want to compete in more events, but who knows, maybe they will feel like one boat per event is enough. But if we can't send two strong boats in women's kayak for example, no one can. 

According to the ICF, this will be the first time :THA participates in Canoe Sprint.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I have a confusion asking for help. China has got women K2 and K4 tickets with 6 full quotas. If China wants to send one of the 6 girls to compete K1, does she automatically eligible to compete like what Rio allowed or does she need to earn the ticket in World Cup ? 
Federation thought two k1 events already automatically qualified and unnecessary to send athletes to the final World Cup. While I don’t see any documents confirmed they will follow the logic of Rio.

6 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

I have a confusion asking for help. China has got women K2 and K4 tickets with 6 full quotas. If China wants to send one of the 6 girls to compete K1, does she automatically eligible to compete like what Rio allowed or does she need to earn the ticket in World Cup ? 
Federation thought two k1 events already automatically qualified and unnecessary to send athletes to the final World Cup. While I don’t see any documents confirmed they will follow the logic of Rio.

I am sure she has to earn a ticket for K1 event. Couple Olympics back, for example if there was K2 qualified but no K1, the country (competitor) could have decided whether it's worth to compete in K1, too. For now, you have to earn a ticket as far as I know. Just imagine that you have qualified for K4 but not for K2. So you would be able to build 2 boats for K2? I don't think so ...... In the past, maybe...... Now, not. 

It is same in athletics. Just imagine that you qualify full relay but nobody for the individual event. So logically thinking, you may send all 4 competitors also for the individual competition. But qualification system says 'NO'. 

That is incorrect, China would be allowed to compete in the K1 events. In fact, a nation can now enter up to two boats per event. The only requirement is that the nation must compete in the event they originally qualified in. So China can't have athletes compete in the K1 200m and K1 500m and skip the K2 500m in which they originally qualified in.