website statistics

Sprint Canoeing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

2 ore fa, JoshMartini007 ha scritto:

I disagree, it's quite common for athletes to compete in multiple events in canoeing. It would be like forcing athletes in athletics or swimming to compete in only one event.

I know that...and I don't like it...

actually, I'm against multiple starts also in any other sport (and yes, I didn't enjoy that much Ledecka's achievement in Pyeongchang, as it only shows how poor the level of those competitions is, also at the top -or, if you prefer, that there's no enough difference between her to sports to justify the presence of both at the Games)...

for instance, in Swimming 3 individual races + the relays would be a good compromise, in Athletics, no more than 2 + relays...

but this just my opinion...

what's really important, however, is to have simpler qualification rules in any sport to avoid "strange things" around the qualification process...and it's almost never the case, unfortunately...:facepalm:

• 3 months later...

The ICF wrote an article about Pita today. It sounds like they’re really behind his mission, and that there’d be a high chance he’d manage to score a tripartite invitation.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The ICF wrote an article about Pita today. It sounds like they’re really behind his mission, and that there’d be a high chance he’d manage to score a tripartite invitation.

ICF is not deciding the tripartite invitations though.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, Vojthas said:

Tripartite means "three-sided", right? So, as far as I remember, it's the IF, IOC and OCOG. Or am I wrong?

All three of which I’m sure would love to see Pita in Tokyo.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, dcro said:

ICF is not deciding the tripartite invitations though.

Well their an involved party. I was doing a lot today, so this slipped my mind.

9 hours ago, Vojthas said:

Tripartite means "three-sided", right? So, as far as I remember, it's the IF, IOC and OCOG. Or am I wrong?

It's NOCs, IOC and IF. And they should generally look at athlete's capability (so someone who capsizes on each run shouldn't be given a great chance).

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

• 3 months later...
Just now, intoronto said:

Can a country qualify a C1 and C2 1000 boat for men at the continental level? Qualification system only alludes to different distances among disciplines...

No because they can only qualify two athlete quotas, though an athlete which qualified in the C2 can compete in C1