website statistics

Women's 3x3 Basketball FIBA Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2021

Totallympics

11 minutes ago, dcro said:

"Oh... She is quicker than a Kardashian marriage." :roflmao:

Is that from the 3x3 commentator? I think I would be a bit irritated by his style during a traditional Olympic event, but he's perfect for 3x3. A similar style of commentating would also work for me for the other new "urban" disciplines. 

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

Is that from the 3x3 commentator? I think I would be a bit irritated by his style during a traditional Olympic event, but he's perfect for 3x3. A similar style of commentating would also work for me for the other new "urban" disciplines. 

To be entirely fair, it is definitely fun and lighthearted, but yesterday I did feel like he wasn't having any attention for the actual point of the games: qualifying for the Olympics. It got better later, but at some moment it was like he hadn't even tried to see who still had a chance or not and what they were supposed to do :p 

I mean, Sri Lanka had lost everything clearly and was obviously out and he still said it was a must-win game for them.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

btw, I am not sure if I only say this because we lost, but I don't like the OT rule. I would prefer it if they would add 1 more minute and have the same rule for 21 points instead of this "first team to score two more points wins" rule. 

Completely absurd to have this as an Olympic event. Why not also give two team sports to handball/football/hockey and so on? How about beach soccer/handball or 9 x 9 rugby? Why not randomly make up new team events in other sports as well? How about Open water water Polo or urban field hockey (on a field with some obstacles where you get extra points for hitting those obstacles)?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.