website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

28 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

These major gymnastics countries will get full quotas sooner or later. It's also a chance for other countries get the similar quota (+1 quota for NOC) through continental championships. These countries above can't get it again. Asian championships will be held on 29th May.

can France still obtain quotas?

2 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

I am not sure. I guess in the upcoming European Championships All-Around event, if French athletes win the title or only second to Russian. 

thank you little luck having a new quota, and to finish in rhythmic gymnastics?

4 hours ago, Benolympique said:

so if I understood correctly, I add a quota for these countries? will that make 5 quotas? in teams? individual?. Second question: Do you have any news for trampoline and rhythmic gymnastics regarding 2020 FIG Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup series and 2019–2020 Trampoline World Cup series. Thank you

Events for Rhythmic seems still confirmed, there are also some continental events to be confirmed.

Trampoline also has to confirm continental events. Only European has been confirmed so far, if I am not wrong.

There were 3 WC events confirmed for Trampoline, the first one scheduled to February was cancelled. The others are still confirmed.

• 4 weeks later...

FIG has revised their qualification system. Well, not really revised, but mostly clarified some doubts. If the continental championships don't occur, remaining quotas will be allocated according to the best gymnast(s) from the all-around competition at the 2019 World Championships that still have not qualified.

In short, if the continental championships don't happen, the following gymnasts will qualify:

Men:

Africa: :EGY AFIFY Mohamed :ALG METIDJI Hillal

Americas: :CHI GONZALEZ Tomas :ARG MAYOL Santiago
Asia: :KAZ MUSSAYEV Akim :UZB AZIMOV Abdulla
Europe: :ITA MOZZATO Niccolo :CZE JESSEN David
Oceania: :AUS MORGANS Mitchell

Women:

Africa: :RSA DARIES Naveen :EGY SALEM Farah
Americas: :ARG MAGISTRATI Abigail :BRA FIDELIS Thais
Asia: :PRK AN Chang Ok :KOR EOM Dohyun
Europe: :UKR BACHYNSKA Anastasiia :SUI KAESLIN Ilaria
Oceania: :AUS NEDOV Emma

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question, those who qualified via device qualifiers, compete in the overall ranking games or only on the device they got their ticket from? thank you Example: the French Cyril Tommasone only in pommel horse, loris frasca only in the individual general competition and Samir Aït Saïd only in rings? thank you

1 minute ago, Benolympique said:

I have a question, those who qualified via device qualifiers, compete in the overall ranking games or only on the device they got their ticket from? thank you Example: the French Cyril Tommasone only in pommel horse, loris frasca only in the individual general competition and Samir Aït Saïd only in rings? thank you

I forgot the source, but based on my memory, they can compete in all events except from team event.

2 hours ago, Benolympique said:

whoever qualifies for Tokyo can participate in all individual events.

There's still one event to go in the World Cup series, but we have a small list of gymnasts who have already qualified no matter what.

Men's floor: :ESP Rayderley Zapata
Women's vault: :USA Jade Carey
Women's uneven bars: :CHN Fan Yilin
Women's balance beam: :JPN Urara Ashikawa
Women's floor: :ITA Either Lara Mori or Vanessa Ferrari

China has three men qualified on individual apparatus and, if I'm not mistaken, according to the tie breaking rule, Weng Hao will get the quota on the pommel horse. This is, honestly, the worst that could happen to China. They have virtually no chance of a medal on the pommel horse with the level of the competition as it is. China's best chance would be on the still rings with Liu Yang, and to top it off, Yang qualifying means that Petrounias would not qualify -- what would make a medal for Yang even "easier" to achieve.

According to rumors, the Doha World Cup will be staged in early June, so we'll see how China will deal with their quotas.

32 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

There's still one event to go in the World Cup series, but we have a small list of gymnasts who have already qualified no matter what.

Men's floor: :ESP Rayderley Zapata
Women's vault: :USA Jade Carey
Women's uneven bars: :CHN Fan Yilin
Women's balance beam: :JPN Urara Ashikawa
Women's floor: :ITA Either Lara Mori or Vanessa Ferrari

China has three men qualified on individual apparatus and, if I'm not mistaken, according to the tie breaking rule, Weng Hao will get the quota on the pommel horse. This is, honestly, the worst that could happen to China. They have virtually no chance of a medal on the pommel horse with the level of the competition as it is. China's best chance would be on the still rings with Liu Yang, and to top it off, Yang qualifying means that Petrounias would not qualify -- what would make a medal for Yang even "easier" to achieve.

According to rumors, the Doha World Cup will be staged in early June, so we'll see how China will deal with their quotas.

Actually Liu Yang will get the quota if Doha cancelled. Weng Hao participated the 2019 Doha stage and ranked 28th failing reach to finals. It's uneasy for us to detect that and presumed absent. So there is a 0 score to take into account and he lost the tie-break. 

FIG results check: https://www.gymnastics.sport/site/events/results.php?idEvent=14998#filter