website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

5 hours ago, ATHENS 1896 said:

As things stand now for tb rule1 Hao is better with 4 times 30 points and once 25 (average 29) - Liu has 3 times 30 points and once 25 (average 28,75). The BIG question is what happens if Hao does not compete in the last event and Liu competes and gets 30 points. The TB rules will not work.

If so, the second tb rule will work, comparing their qualification ranking of all attended stages. I am sure both Weng Hao and Liu Yang will attend the last stage if healthy. But if the coach will play tricks on their respective ranking remains unknown.

FIG proposed to IOC change one quota qualification system. The quota generated by the score of total 4 all-around world cup stages change to best 3 out of 4 stages. I guess the reason is that some countries already gave up the first USA stage due to the fear of infection of coronavirus. It's a good news for Russia and China. Russia is the most competitive country among those withdrawal. China sent some nobody( and behave disaster) because others couldn't get visas as consulates closed during lockdown. Russia and China would benefit if the proposal passed, but they would not worry too much if not. They can still compete the continental quotas without too many difficulties and reach 6 full quotas sooner or later.

• 9 months later...

People here seem to think it's unlikely that Petrounias will qualify. I'm not so sure about that. He posted on Instagram a while back that he is 99% qualified, because the Chinese guy in first place won't be able to accept the quota? I don't know what to believe, but I think he definitely deserves to be there not only as the Olympic champion, but also as the 2017 and 2018 world champion and fourth place in 2019 when he just came back from injury.

Maybe he knows something we don't if he believes that he qualified for Tokyo.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

https://www.gymnastics.sport/site/news/displaynews.php?idNews=3061

Men's quota: Russia, China, Japan

Women's quota: USA, China, Russia

so if I understood correctly, I add a quota for these countries? will that make 5 quotas? in teams? individual?. Second question: Do you have any news for trampoline and rhythmic gymnastics regarding 2020 FIG Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup series and 2019–2020 Trampoline World Cup series. Thank you

From what is written on the link, this is only one quota for each country listed as this is "an additional non-nominative berth"

I have a question too, does someone find date for continental championships? I only find dates for the european ones but anything else (apart the place for the african championsip)

18 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

so if I understood correctly, I add a quota for these countries? will that make 5 quotas? in teams? individual?. Second question: Do you have any news for trampoline and rhythmic gymnastics regarding 2020 FIG Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup series and 2019–2020 Trampoline World Cup series. Thank you

These quotas will allocate to NOC not to individual, this additional quota can compete for all individual events but can't compete for team. So these countries currently have 5 quotas. Potentially these big countries may get another individual quota through world cup series. Secondly, I don't have any news for trampoline and rhythmic gymnastics right now.

This is a change in qualification rules for Tokyo, compared to Rio. NOC can have up to 6 athletes per gender, but only 4 are eligable to compete in team event.

I suspect a reallocation of quotas will happen also for continental championships, but we'll just have to wait and see....

10 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

These quotas will allocate to NOC not to individual, this additional quota can compete for all individual events but can't compete for team. So these countries currently have 5 quotas. Potentially these big countries may get another individual quota through world cup series. Secondly, I don't have any news for trampoline and rhythmic gymnastics right now.

if these competitions are canceled is it possible to have a vision of the next qualifiers? it means that few countries have qualified, it's sad

11 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

if these competitions are canceled is it possible to have a vision of the next qualifiers? it means that few countries have qualified, it's sad

These major gymnastics countries will get full quotas sooner or later. It's also a chance for other countries get the similar quota (+1 quota for NOC) through continental championships. These countries above can't get it again. Asian championships will be held on 29th May.