website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

3 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

It just occurred to me that there might be a chance of Meg Ryan qualifying even if North Korea suddenly decides to compete.

A few days ago, someone asked Manrique Larduet, from Cuba, how his preparation was going. He replied that he's not training and will not go to Tokyo, despite having qualified. Cuba didn't send any gymnasts to the artistic, rhythmic and trampoline Pan Ams that will take place in Brazil in two weeks.

So, at this point, there's absolutely no reason to believe that Cuba is planning to send Marcia Videaux to the Olympics. Larduet would have been their best shot at a medal, and even then he would be a dark horse at best. Videaux has no chance of getting a medal, so why send her at all now?

Now, if both :PRK and :CUB fail to send female gymnasts to Tokyo, this means that :IRL and :GEO would qualify. But the Georgian girl is injured, if I'm not mistaken, so it could open up a chance for :GRE to qualify. We'll all know how it will go soon, hopefully.

If I am not mistaken.... If :CUB Larduet does not go to Tokyo, next reallocation should go to :CZE David Jessen ... 

8 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

If I am not mistaken.... If :CUB Larduet does not go to Tokyo, next reallocation should go to :CZE David Jessen ... 

Yes, but my point was about women's artistic gymnastics, not men's.

In men's artistic gymnastics, with Larduet out, :CZE qualifies instead.

In women's artistic gymnastics, since :PRK dropped out of the Games, :IRL qualifies. Now, if :CUB also drops out, :GEO qualifies, but the gymnast might be injured now, so :GRE is the next one in line.

17 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

FIG has been silent for months now. One of the "inside" persons told me that it will probably be held in late June, but I'm not getting my hopes up. 

If so, it will be very unfriendly for Chinese athletes because they need to quarantine for 14 days when they are back and after that it's already mid July. Otherwise they need to stay in Doha and directly go to Japan in July. Either way isn't a good choice.

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Updated as of May 27th, 2021

You're counting one extra quota for Uzbekistan earned at the Asian Championships, but this is wrong. The quotas were awarded to :MAS and :VIE, actually -- and you got them right.

Also, the :GBR men's team has been announced: Giarnni Regini-Moran, Joe Fraser, James Hall, and Max Whitlock.

7 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

You're counting one extra quota for Uzbekistan earned at the Asian Championships, but this is wrong. The quotas were awarded to :MAS and :VIE, actually -- and you got them right.

Also, the :GBR men's team has been announced: Giarnni Regini-Moran, Joe Fraser, James Hall, and Max Whitlock.

Ok. Thanks, will fix it later today.