website statistics

Athletics WA Diamond League 2021

Totallympics

13 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Besides the men's 400m hurdles....the women's 5k? Because for once it's not really the Dream Mile this time.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Besides the men's 400m hurdles....the women's 5k? Because for once it's not really the Dream Mile this time.

Hadn’t realised that Jacob Ingebritsen was a late withdrawal: obviously when the schedule was set it was meant to be a double-barreled salvo of :NORness.

1 minute ago, LuizGuilherme said:

I hope Alisson dos Santos can break his brazilian record again.

He is one of our few medal chances in athletics, even it will be very hard, the level of the 400mH is insane.

Think he has a chance. I don’t think he has reached his limit yet, so as long as he keeps getting into high profile races it will be good for him.

2 hours ago, LuizGuilherme said:

He is one of our few medal chances in athletics, even it will be very hard, the level of the 400mH is insane.

With Samba nowhere to be seen this year he's the clear favorite for bronze along with Kyron McMaster. I guess he's still searching for his ideal race scheme, in Walnut where he did 47.68, he had a very conservative start (21.5 at hurdle 5). Then in Doha where he did 47.57, he blasted off from the start (20.8 at H5). I think the best is coming.

2 hours ago, LuizGuilherme said:

A medal is definitely possible, although he will need a fantastic day. Then again, the Olympics is the moment to do that. I'd find it awesome if he manages to get one :cheer: 

Spoiler

And I'm already going to get the story of his burn marks ready, because I have no doubt people in the middle of the night will be making the same remarks again and again in online communities where people only watch the Olympics :whistle:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

With Samba nowhere to be seen this year he's the clear favorite for bronze along with Kyron McMaster. I guess he's still searching for his ideal race scheme, in Walnut where he did 47.68, he had a very conservative start (21.5 at hurdle 5). Then in Doha where he did 47.57, he blasted off from the start (20.8 at H5). I think the best is coming.

We're talking about 47 half for a guy who is considered to be one of the two main people fighting for....bronze. That by itself is already an amazing sign of how insanely fast the 400m hurdles has developed in the past three years or so :hyper: