website statistics

Athletics WA Diamond League 2021

Totallympics

27 minutes ago, phelps said:

yeah...let's call that "impressive"...:hairpull:

Every nation has impressive performances like that. Just look at the development of some of your distance runners (mainly in men’s 3000 m SC) or you shot putters.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

30 minutes ago, dcro said:

How many athletics golds will the Netherlands take in Tokyo? 4-5?

I know you're exaggerating. But has Bol even faced the American 400mH runners once? I'm still not sure if she can even medal, because I never see the Americans run.

And Hassan vs Gidey definitely isn't a clearcut gold either. Even if she is our best chance.

If we get 1 gold in athletics I'll be happy honestly. 2 silvers or bronzes, happy as well!

1 hour ago, dcro said:

How many athletics golds will the Netherlands take in Tokyo? 4-5?

4 or 5? Eh ... is this a Gracenote Prediction or what? :mumble::lol: The last gold medal for The Netherlands in athletics was in 1992 (Ellen van Langen, 800 meter). We will already be very happy with one or two medals.

Only Hassan has a chance. Depends on which distances she chooses. On the 5 and 10 km she is favourite for a medal, but Gidey is a bigger favourite. She owns the worldrecords now. I prefer Hassan running the 1500 meter.

Other Dutch athletes:

Dafne Schippers - what happened with her? She won't medal at 'her' 200 meter.

Nadine Visser - injured, so not sure if she will compete in Tokio at the 100 hurdles.

Femke Bol - well, she is a big talent, but I expect the Americans a lot better at the 400 hurdles.

17 minutes ago, CCB said:

4 or 5? Eh ... is this a Gracenote Prediction or what? :mumble::lol: The last gold medal for The Netherlands in athletics was in 1992 (Ellen van Langen, 800 meter). We will already be very happy with one or two medals.

Only Hassan has a chance. Depends on which distances she chooses. On the 5 and 10 km she is favourite for a medal, but Gidey is a bigger favourite. She owns the worldrecords now. I prefer Hassan running the 1500 meter.

Other Dutch athletes:

Dafne Schippers - what happened with her? She won't medal at 'her' 200 meter.

Nadine Visser - injured, so not sure if she will compete in Tokio at the 100 hurdles.

Femke Bol - well, she is a big talent, but I expect the Americans a lot better at the 400 hurdles.

Women’s 4x400 is an outside chance as well.

1 hour ago, Jinzha said:

I know you're exaggerating. But has Bol even faced the American 400mH runners once? I'm still not sure if she can even medal, because I never see the Americans run.

And Hassan vs Gidey definitely isn't a clearcut gold either. Even if she is our best chance.

If we get 1 gold in athletics I'll be happy honestly. 2 silvers or bronzes, happy as well!

Oh right, I forgot the Americans for the hurdles.

Still, she is in the ballpark with 53.44

#banbestmen