website statistics

Athletics WA Diamond League 2021

Totallympics

I'm really happy our Player Mostafa Amr finally starts to deliver god results , he made 21.12 m and finished 4th in men's shotput , this guy won NCAA back in 2018 i think , but failed to deliver big after that , hopefully it's just the start for bigger things to come 

I know we shouldn't expect much, but still I can't believe how poorly the technical events are being shown (or mostly, not shown), especially in this new format :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I finally got around to watching the first diamond league of the year, what is that shit of field events final?? top 3 gets one throw no matter what was the result?? so the leader who prior to that led by 10 meters having a bad throw and he's done??

7 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

I finally got around to watching the first diamond league of the year, what is that shit of field events final?? top 3 gets one throw no matter what was the result?? so the leader who prior to that led by 10 meters having a bad throw and he's done??

Yep, welcome to Next Gen ideas bullshit. This is on par with break dance being an Olympic "sport" :coffee:

9 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Yep. Instead of an epic shot put showdown like in Doha 2019, we can have something where (theoretically) a bunch of athletes have five 22m+ attempts, after which the top-3 looks like this: win with 21.10m, second with 20.40m and third with an X.

It is really a very innovative way to absolutely kill the whole tension a field event can have..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...