website statistics

Taekwondo WTA Asian Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Fly_like_a_don

2 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

To all people who call themselves unlucky because their nation lost the Olympic quota by few seconds or points let me tell you India wasn't even allowed to participate in this competition due to spike in covid cases in the country. Our ministers ,IOA all should be blamed for not doing enough. I think we  could have surely won a quota in K44 -49kg Para Taekwondo and maybe 1 or 2 more if all went well but we were denied an opportunity. 

How come :PAK taekwondo contingent reached Jordan 
https://nation.com.pk/19-May-2021/pakistan-team-reaches-jordan-for-world-taekwondo-asia-olympic-qualifying

2 minutes ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

The rule might have been for India only. Political decision. Jordan isn't a great place for any event. Luckily boxing qualifiers happened last year .

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

:JOR Jordan has 7 athletes qualified right now (in 3 sports), and yet they are still waiting for the first non-controversial qualification... :whistle:

Must be some kind of record.

A kind of reward for accepting qualifier reallocation. All east asian countries gave up after the pandemic. If no country accepts it would be an even more controversial chaos like boxing.

Looking at the 1st day brackets, some quotas are already very predictable. I mean I know this sport is unpredictable in general but not really when the gap is too big. even though we had lots of big surprises in Bulgaria during the European OQT.

I highly doubt :JOR doesn't qualify in men's 80kg. he only has to beat a Syrian refugee and the winner of KGZ/KUW !

bottom half also looks easy for :TPE . maybe only Qatar can do something here.

in women's 67kg we already know one and probably both ! UZB girl will beat QAT easily. it will be :JOR and :UZB

as usual lower weights are more competitive. in men's 68kg. :TPE and :THA are in the same half. one of them will go to Tokyo. bottom half looks much more interesting with 3 or 4 candidates.

and women's 49kg. at first look I thought our girl Momenzadeh has an easy draw until the SF where she has to face the Asian Games gold medalist from TPE. but it seems that Palestinian girl is good too. but still most probably it will be between :IRI and :TPE with TPE being the favorite. in top half it's between :VIE and :KAZ with outside chance for HKG.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Looking at the 1st day brackets, some quotas are already very predictable. I mean I know this sport is unpredictable in general but not really when the gap is too big. even though we had lots of big surprises in Bulgaria during the European OQT.

I highly doubt :JOR doesn't qualify in men's 80kg. he only has to beat a Syrian refugee and the winner of KGZ/KUW !

bottom half also looks easy for :TPE . maybe only Qatar can do something here.

in women's 67kg we already know one and probably both ! UZB girl will beat QAT easily. it will be :JOR and :UZB

as usual lower weights are more competitive. in men's 68kg. :TPE and :THA are in the same half. one of them will go to Tokyo. bottom half looks much more interesting with 3 or 4 candidates.

and women's 49kg. at first look I thought our girl Momenzadeh has an easy draw until the SF where she has to face the Asian Games gold medalist from TPE. but it seems that Palestinian girl is good too. but still most probably it will be between :IRI and :TPE with TPE being the favorite. in top half it's between :VIE and :KAZ with outside chance for HKG.

I dhare your thoughts. In men’s 68kg I think the other SF will be :UZB v. :KAZ 

it seems :AFG Afghanistan team didn't even traveled to Jordan for the qualifiers. I don't know why but that's really disappointing. because Taekwondo is the only sport that Afghanistan can do something in world level. (even though their current level is far from good)

but I saw another refugee in the start list , Ali Akbar Amiri which looks very Iranian. at first I thought he is another fake refugee from Iran but in fact he is (or at least was) a refugee "in Iran"! :wacko: born and raised in Iran from Afghan parents but per some stupid and unfair rules he has no passport. it will be an interesting story if he qualifies. (even though his level isn't that great) I wonder if he is in Amman or missed the trip like the rest of Afghan athletes.

36 minutes ago, MHSN said:

it seems :AFG Afghanistan team didn't even traveled to Jordan for the qualifiers. I don't know why but that's really disappointing. because Taekwondo is the only sport that Afghanistan can do something in world level. (even though their current level is far from good)

but I saw another refugee in the start list , Ali Akbar Amiri which looks very Iranian. at first I thought he is another fake refugee from Iran but in fact he is (or at least was) a refugee "in Iran"! :wacko: born and raised in Iran from Afghan parents but per some stupid and unfair rules he has no passport. it will be an interesting story if he qualifies. (even though his level isn't that great) I wonder if he is in Amman or missed the trip like the rest of Afghan athletes.

Would be quite funny if the ROT had both refugees *from* Iran and refugees *to* Iran :P