website statistics

Women's Volleyball Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

VolleyRuller96

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/12/2018 at 09:25, DaniSRB said:

Maybe Cuba? They are last ranked team

I think it may in fact be Cuba. They withdrew from the Pan Am Games qualification tournament citing the team's performance. So if they think they are not good enough for the Pan Am Region, why would they compete in a world tournament?

2 ore fa, CCB ha scritto:

Hopefully the highest placed team in each pool has the right to choose the venue. Anyone who already heard something about this?

no, all the participating teams had a chance to bid for hosting the tournaments (bidding time expired on Dec., 14th)...

obviously FIVB will take some time before announcing who's gonna have the honor to host the OQTs...

• 3 weeks later...

Pools officially confirmed by CEV : https://www.cev.eu/News.aspx?NewsID=28306&ID=5

Poland replaced Cuba.

"The FIVB will announce the respective organisers later this month".

It also says that the European Qualification Tournament (January 2020) will consists of 8 teams: host + best 7 teams of the European Ranking released after EuroVolley 2019.

Dutch media confirm that FIVB has given Italy the right to host pool F. Really don't know why Netherlands may not host this pool. Netherlands is the higher ranked team at both the World as European ranking.

But FIVB decides.

FIVB sucks. 

hace 37 minutos, CCB said:

Dutch media confirm that FIVB has given Italy the right to host pool F. Really don't know why Netherlands may not host this pool. Netherlands is the higher ranked team at both the World as European ranking.

But FIVB decides.

FIVB sucks. 

I read that you have to pay like half a million dollars to host this OQTs. This system is all a scheme from FIVB to collect money from all the rich federations around the world. 

I wouldn't be surprised if for example Thailand hosts instead of Serbia or in men's if China hosts instead of Canada and Argentina.  

15 hours ago, LDOG said:

I read that you have to pay like half a million dollars to host this OQTs. This system is all a scheme from FIVB to collect money from all the rich federations around the world. 

I wouldn't be surprised if for example Thailand hosts instead of Serbia or in men's if China hosts instead of Canada and Argentina.  

No Thailand, no one is interested in hosting this group so FIVB asked Poland. We'd rather like men's tournament but if we negotiate good we might get both, maybe even for a lower price for women's.

14 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

No Thailand, no one is interested in hosting this group so FIVB asked Poland. We'd rather like men's tournament but if we negotiate good we might get both, maybe even for a lower price for women's.

I suppose we want men's tournament

• 3 weeks later...

Hosts announced: http://www.fivb.org/EN/Media/viewPressRelease.asp?No=80434&Language=en

Women's tournaments - August 2-4:
Pool A: Hosts are Poland
Teams in pool: Serbia, Puerto Rico, Thailand, Poland
Pool B: Hosts are China
Teams in pool: China, Turkey, Germany, Czech Republic
Pool C: Hosts TBC*
Teams in pool: USA, Argentina, Bulgaria, Kazakhstan
Pool D: Hosts are Brazil
Teams in pool: Brazil, Dominican Republic, Cameroon, Azerbaijan
Pool E: Hosts are Russia
Teams in pool: Russia, Korea, Canada, Mexico
Pool F: Hosts are Italy