website statistics

Karate EKF European Championships 2021

Sindo

19 minutes ago, Mecki83 said:

Thanks. Was a bit confused because MHSN wrote "will be decided tomorrow" so I checked for the wrong day :facepalm:

yeah my mistake:facepalm:. Karate competitions are usually in 3 days. but we have an extra day here. (most continental championships have an extra day, I just forgot that)

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I'm going to spoil it for you. Slovakia won the bronze :d

Thanks. Is it a surprise or upset ? I know we used to be quite good in this, but have no real knowledge of current situation to be honest, apart we are not going to qualify anyone to Tokyo mainly because of few quotas eligible if I remember correctly what you said me once at the start of the qualifications :d

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

Thanks. Is it a surprise or upset ? I know we used to be quite good in this, but have no real knowledge of current situation to be honest, apart we are not going to qualify anyone to Tokyo mainly because of few quotas eligible if I remember correctly what you said me once at the start of the qualifications :d

that was a huge upset. not just because he beat the host athlete, Kvesic is already qualified for Tokyo through the ranking (which means he is pretty good)

there are 3 spots available in the last chance qualifier in June in France. I think everybody has a chance here but I believe we will have something like 80-100 participants in each event. :wacko:

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

that was a huge upset. not just because he beat the host athlete, Kvesic is already qualified for Tokyo through the ranking (which means he is pretty good)

there are 3 spots available in the last chance qualifier in June in France. I think everybody has a chance here but I believe we will have something like 80-100 participants in each event. :wacko:

Awesome then. does not happen often to our athletes and certainly not in combat sports...well, apart Salkazanov and his ECh show ofc :d

wow that must be really damn hard to earn quota there for everyone. Thanks for answers :yes

Yeah, not winning a medal at home continental event spells pretty bad. But at least we will participate in this 'one night stand' sport. :d

Congrats Slovakia! They probably do have a couple of chances at the global qualifier in June.

#banbestmen