website statistics

Karate EKF European Championships 2021

Sindo

brackets are up

Arkania and Horne are in the same pool and will meet in the QF , that will settle the Olympic spot (even though it's still possible for both of them to qualify)

:TUR Aktas needs to win 3 matches to help Kvesic and Ganjzadeh to qualify.

interestingly Kvesic is in the same half as Aktas, if they face in the SF that means Kvesic is already qualified and he can try to win the gold in his home country but if Aktas loses to someone and that someone faces Kvesic in SF. he has to lose to bring Aktas to the repechage and qualify himself for the Olympics. that's a weird situation :p which one matters more ? European Championship Gold or the Olympic quota ? :d

:GER Jana Messerschmidt (55kg) and :SUI Elena Quirici will qualify only if they win the gold.

and for the women's 68kg quota, :TUR Hocaoglu and :GRE Chatziliadou are in two different sides. Hocaoglu is leading by something like 750pts. the Greek has to win the gold to stand a chance but she will qualify only if Hocaoglu doesn't make to the medal round or even the repechage.

8 minutes ago, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

TV streaming?

in Italy, I think PMG sport (all medals matches on Saturday -morning and afternoon- and the team finals on Sunday)...

but also on TV thanks to skysport Collection HD...but on this one, only the individual gold medal finals on Saturday (first half at Noon, second half at 6 p.m. CET) will be aired...

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

:TUR Hocaoglu made it to the final and the Olympics. she didn't need that since Chatziliadou lost before the final

How much point difference can be created by only this tournament? I do not think so but is it possible to close 1300 points? I am asking for Men 67 kg

Just now, merlinsbeard said:

How much point difference can be created by only this tournament? I do not think so but is it possible to close 1300 points? I am asking for Men 67 kg

no. max is 990 if there are more than 32 athletes in the bracket . for less than that. the max is 930.

67kg is already done with France and Egypt qualifying.

18 hours ago, MHSN said:

brackets are up

Arkania and Horne are in the same pool and will meet in the QF , that will settle the Olympic spot (even though it's still possible for both of them to qualify)

Horne wins quarterfinale with 8-0 vs Arkania. :GER

:GER Jonathan Horne beat Gogita Arkania in the QF 5-0 and qualified for the Olympics.

interestingly after 2-3 years of traveling and competing everywhere, their Olympic quota was decided in a direct match between them.

Arkania still can qualify today depends on Aktas.