website statistics

Men's Volleyball Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

VolleyRuller96

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

But Niger is one of those countries one basically never hears anything about at all. It exists, outside of the knowledge of most people even, and that's it :p It'd be so cool if a country like that qualifies in a team sport.

It’s the country that every commentator in the US fears :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 31/10/2019 at 06:06, rybak said:

And from this I bet :EGY, :IRI, :VEN, :CAN will qualify to Tokyo. I have no idea who will qualify from Europe, it can be anyone :dunno:

Don't know about the others, :AUS may qualify from Asia/Oceania. I'm sure Iran will fail to qualify this time around. :p

hace 56 minutos, Fly_like_a_don dijo:

Don't know about the others, :AUS may qualify from Asia/Oceania. I'm sure Iran will fail to qualify this time around. :p

Iran will easily qualify, believe me, I've watched these teams too much. Australia can't do anything to them unless they allow it. 

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Because they'd be too dumb to check the pronounciation and realize it's actually nothing - at all - like 'nigger'?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

23 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Because they'd be too dumb to check the pronounciation and realize it's actually nothing - at all - like 'nigger'?

In our middle school geography bee, everyone dreaded a question about Niger because you just know someone is blind to say it wrong. I’d also say that most white people wouldn't know that “word I won’t say cuase I’m white” has two g’s. Plus, It can be one of those things where you trick yourself into pronouncing it wrong because you’re so worried.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

In our middle school geography bee, everyone dreaded a question about Niger because you just know someone is blind to say it wrong.

Sigh. Then someone doesn't know it, reads it as 'nigger' and gets kindly corrected by someone who says 'No, look, pronounce it like this'. Big whoop.

I hope they qualify, it'd be fun to see people explode out of their pantyhoses when someone accidentally says it wrong.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Sigh. Then someone doesn't know it, reads it as 'nigger' and gets kindly corrected by someone who says 'No, look, pronounce it like this'. Big whoop.

I hope they qualify, it'd be fun to see people explode out of their pantyhoses when someone accidentally says it wrong.

Noting will be worse than when Germany plays Niger one day...the Twitter hashtag (per the normal model) would #NIG(you can pics it together from here)

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Noting will be worse than when Germany plays Niger one day...the Twitter hashtag (per the normal model) would #NIG(you can pics it together from here)

#NIGGER if it's in Niger, yes.

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

#NIGGER if it's in Niger, yes.

A Twitter nightmare I tell you. The best part is that most Americans will immediately assume Trump used the word, instead of the more innocent reason.

Edited by Olympian1010

9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

In our middle school geography bee, everyone dreaded a question about Niger because you just know someone is blind to say it wrong. I’d also say that most white people wouldn't know that “word I won’t say cuase I’m white” has two g’s. Plus, It can be one of those things where you trick yourself into pronouncing it wrong because you’re so worried.

for those who might still have some doubts...:whistle::pope:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/pronunciation/english/niger