website statistics

Curling WCF Mixed Doubles World Championship 2021

Totallympics

3 hours ago, Vektor said:

I guess it isn't completely over for us, we beat Korea. :SCO  :CAN  :CZE are leading the group with 2-0. 

I think it will be extremely tight. Could be 1 win or so between 3rd and 8th. Wouldn´t be surprised. They have not been as successful since other countries started to focus more on MD after it became olymipic but they are still quite good. At least they won the single time I´ve played against them.;)

I think :CAN was extremely lucky that their first game was against :ESP. Canada played a terrible game and was barely able to escape with a win because Spain was, well, not very good. Canada has been a lot better since then, and looked quite good against Hungary in particular, but it could very easily have been a huge blunder to start.

16 hours ago, NearPup said:

I think :CAN was extremely lucky that their first game was against :ESP. Canada played a terrible game and was barely able to escape with a win because Spain was, well, not very good. Canada has been a lot better since then, and looked quite good against Hungary in particular, but it could very easily have been a huge blunder to start.

Australia just got their first win by defeating Canada. But Australia is be a very talented team, finishing 4th in last worlds despite coming from a nation with 0 dedicated curling facilities. They spent the last few months in Stockholm to be able to practice going in to this championship.