website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics LEN European Championships 2020

Totallympics

18 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

? Probability i made a wrong translation, but (as all Italian team) they're working for have the best physical condition in Tokyo and not here.

Obviously, the same is (very likely) true for everyone who qualified for Tokyo.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

44 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

In that case you seem to have a problem with your memory? 

Eva Risztov PB at 16

Krisztina Egerszegi PB at 17

Reka Gyorgy PB at 19

Eszter Szabo-Feltothy PB at 17

Just to name a few ...

I didn't think of Risztov and Egerszegi as "failed" swimmers because they are Olympic champions. It's also insane to compare Egerszegi at 17 to Mihályvári as Egerszegi set world records at that stage of her career and one of them stood the test of time for almost two decades. Mihályvári isn't doing anything crazy like that here, she's just improving as she should. Risztov is one of the most craziest careers of the last few decades and she still won the Olympic gold in the end. As for the other two swimmers, they never truly had their breakthrough on the senior level like Mihályvári so I didn't even remember them in this context. As Hungarian media only cares about the medalist and champions, we frequently have swimmers who get demoralized if they don't have their big breakthrough that puts the spotlight on them. Mihályvári now has an ECh medal and will likely get somewhat famous here for winning it at 17, she is now among the "top tier" Hungarian swimmers in an event where she likely won't have to compete with a stronger Hungarian as Hosszú's career is ending. She can be one of our most important swimmers after Tokyo, we usually don't waste those.

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Russia again wins out of nowhere?

EDIT: I see he has a medal from Gwangju... Meh, it's impossible to casually follow swimming.

I feel this! So many names, disciplines and times to remember!

I only caught the relays tonight. We're so reliant on Kromowidjojo and Heemskerk on the women's side, but they got really close in the end. And apparently an OQ for the men.

1 minute ago, Jinzha said:

I feel this! So many names, disciplines and times to remember!

I only caught the relays tonight. We're so reliant on Kromowidjojo and Heemskerk on the women's side, but they got really close in the end. And apparently an OQ for the men.

do you know if countries outside of Europe will try to qualify relay? I mean are there events for them in plan?

Crazy men's 4 x 100 freestyle relay final!

NRs for 5 of the 8 countries. Congrats :GBR:GRE:SUI:SRB:NED

Our NR was 3:14.42 from 2016, now we got 3:13.39 and fifth place. Third European Championships in a row where we finished in the top 5. Hopefully in 2022 we can finally win a medal in this relay.

We also set NRs today in men's 50m backstroke, men's 400m freestyle, and equaled NR in women's 100m butterfly. Hopefully tomorrow we will set new NRs in men's 50m backstroke and women's 100m butterfly again, and win medals in those events.

Also our first relay swimmer in men's 4x100 freestyle broke the NR in men's 100m freestyle. Not sure if that is official because it was in the relay. It's good enough for OQT for Tokyo (48.39 and the OQT is 48.57).

7 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Crazy men's 4 x 100 freestyle relay final!

NRs for 5 of the 8 countries. Congrats :GBR:GRE:SUI:SRB:NED

Our NR was 3:14.42 from 2016, now we got 3:13.39 and fifth place. Third European Championships in a row where we finished in the top 5. Hopefully in 2022 we can finally win a medal in this relay.

We also set NRs today in men's 50m backstroke, men's 400m freestyle, and equaled NR in women's 100m butterfly. Hopefully tomorrow we will set new NRs in men's 50m backstroke and women's 100m butterfly again, and win medals in those events.

Also our first relay swimmer in men's 4x100 freestyle broke the NR in men's 100m freestyle. Not sure if that is official because it was in the relay. It's good enough for OQT for Tokyo (48.39 and the OQT is 48.57).

Yeah, first leg in a relay counts for a NR.

I think the timing of this event is stupid. They should either only have it every 4 years (2018 -> 2022 and so on) or they should have had it earlier in the year (beginning of April) to allow everyone to peak there and at the Olympics. Also as an official i definitely wouldn’t have allowed my top athletes to compete. Any unnecessary trip (to a foreign country) in the current situation is pretty stupid, especially for people who make their living by being in top shape.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.