Totallympics

Just now, phelps said:

only the top 4...

1. :GBR Dawson, 58.18

2. :NED Toussaint, 59.02

3. :RUS Kameneva, 59.13

4. :ITA Panziera, 59.65

That's what I was most interested in anyway, thanks :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

That's what I was most interested in anyway, thanks :d 

by the way, on android systems, there's a nice NPO app, where you can catch up all the NPO programs of the last few days, live broadcast of the swimming ECHs included (I can watch it from Italy even without a VPN...last week I followed the Field Hockey Finals of the men's Hoofdklasse between Bloemendal and Kampong :lol:)...

p.s. I found also the rest of yesterday's women's 100m Backstroke #1:

5. :GBR Wild, 59.82

6. :RUS Fesikova and :NED De Waard, 1.00.33

8. :SWE Hansson, 1.02.29

14 hours ago, Jinzha said:

Big disappointment for Toussaint, thats got to be rough to go from a silver to 4th

I've been arguing that the event be decided by the best times in either race.

That way Toussaint would get a bronze for her 59.02 in the first final behind Dawson 58.18 and Panziera's 59.01 in the rerun

in the women's 50m breaststroke heats, :ITA Benedetta Pilato, still quite angry from the 100m outcome (eliminated after the heats with the 3rd fastest time overall only because she was also the 3rd fastest Italian competitor over that distance), this morning decided to swim at her best and clocked 29.50, just 2 1/100s of a second outside :LTU Meilutyte's continental record and 10/100s outside :USA Lilly King's world record...

World record 29.30 for Pilato :bowdown: 

What a phenom, it's really too bad she just wasn't strong enough yet in a bit longer distance than a sprint :( 

At least, I am assuming she won't go to the Olympics because of that?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

World record 29.30 for Pilato :bowdown: 

What a phenom, it's really too bad she just wasn't strong enough yet in a bit longer distance than a sprint :( 

At least, I am assuming she won't go to the Olympics because of that?

She will go, she swam 1.06.0 and qualified, Castiglioni at the moment is out, but I hope our federation will select her for the mixed relay... 

2 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

She will go, she swam 1.06.0 and qualified, Castiglioni at the moment is out, but I hope our federation will select her for the mixed relay... 

Oh, I thought I read it would be decided here and due to Pilato finishing 3rd, she's most likely out :yikes: 

Good news!