website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics LEN European Championships 2020

Totallympics

29 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

7:12:00 for the :IRL Irish men's 4x200m freestyle and crucially ahead of :BEL Belgium and :ESP Spain. Great chance for Olympic qualification now   :clap:

What makes you think that? France and Hungary are safe and South Korea/Netherlands/Canada could all be faster.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

What makes you think that? France and Hungary are safe and South Korea/Netherlands/Canada could all be faster.

Being in a qualification spot with 2 weeks to go is obviously a great chance. He didn’t say it was certain

They may go faster but if the Netherlands wanted to try for it, they’d probably have entered a team here. 

2 hours ago, dodge said:

:FRA and :IRL improve their times but not their position.

If 2 countries currently outside the top 15 in the world don't beat 7:12:00 then Ireland will send it's first swimming relay team to the Olympics since 1972

Is the cut off date 31st May still? Canada and Korea the dangers but I’d be surprised to see two countries pass us.

92556C11-61B3-4175-90EA-F87BCE5D0A18.jpeg

44 minutes ago, dodge said:

Being in a qualification spot with 2 weeks to go is obviously a great chance. He didn’t say it was certain

They may go faster but if the Netherlands wanted to try for it, they’d probably have entered a team here. 

Netherlands won't try the 4x200 meter. They concentrated on the 4x100 free.

1 hour ago, dodge said:

yes. 31 May is the deadline for relay times

Few if any, swim meets left in Asia that I can see. There are Canadian trials and time trials later this month so the Canadians may be giving it a shot.

3 hours ago, Dennis said:

I was scrolling through the results just now  and came here to see if anyone else had noticed. :d

28,01 in the semi-finals, then 28,01 in the swim-off and then 28,01 in the final. That’s impressively consistent. 

Will always have a job in Vegas once the sporting career is done.

In the upcoming mixed 4x100m medley relay, the European countries who are qualified are :RUS:GBR  :ITA:NED  :GER:BLR:ISR:POL:HUN 

The 4 nations occupying the rankings are 

:CHN 3:38:41

:JPN 3:44:75

:KOR 3:47:92

:BRA 3:48:61

Only Brazil looks possibly in danger there but even then I think nearly every country will have to swim a NR to qualify

9 minutes ago, dodge said:

In the upcoming mixed 4x100m medley relay, the European countries who are qualified are :RUS:GBR  :ITA:NED  :GER:BLR:ISR:POL:HUN 

The 4 nations occupying the rankings are 

:CHN 3:38:41

:JPN 3:44:75

:KOR 3:47:92

:BRA 3:48:61

Only Brazil looks possibly in danger there but even then I think nearly every country will have to swim a NR to qualify

The Danish PB times would put us at about the same as South Korea. Can't imagine that no other non-qualifiers can do so.