website statistics

Shooting ESC European Championships 2021

George_D

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

He won 2 quotas at the world champs, same Zuzana among womens. Remember at the worlds we won in two days 2 M Trap, 2 W Trap and 2 Mixed Trap teams thanks the stupid qualification system installed there

according to our shooting federation, the second quotas were for NOC, so Kovačocy is free to gain quota himself too, no idea what would happen then :lol: we will either return that second quota from the worlds or very likely just swap to other event, maybe Pistol quota for Pavol Kopp ?

But anyway this is just theoretical, I do not see Kovačocy winning today to be fair at all :d

3 minutes ago, hckošice said:

He won 2 quotas at the world champs, same Zuzana among womens. Remember at the worlds we won in two days 2 M Trap, 2 W Trap and 2 Mixed Trap teams thanks the stupid qualification system installed there

I forgot about the Mixed teams, you're right. Actually, no clue what will happen. Theoretically, SVK could enter two athletes in M Trap and a different athlete for the Mixed team. Thus, I think SVK are allowed to win three quota places in M Trap and may exchange it for another event.

1 minute ago, LowerSaxony said:

I forgot about the Mixed teams, you're right. Actually, no clue what will happen. Theoretically, SVK could enter two athletes in M Trap and a different athlete for the Mixed team. Thus, I think SVK are allowed to win three quota places in M Trap and may exchange it for another event.

From a German perspective I would prefer an Italian quota today anyway :whistle:

Oh, wait. Slovakia can actually enter two mixed teams for trap already.

So, should Kovacocy qualify today, they would be able to enter three male trap shooters and still have one of Varga/Kovacocy allowed to start in both events.

But then one of the Slovaks would be going to Tokyo solely for the team event. :wacko: Not sure if their federation would find that worthwhile.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

So, should Kovacocy qualify today, they would be able to enter three male trap shooters and still have one of Varga/Kovacocy allowed to start in both events.

But then one of the Slovaks would be going to Tokyo solely for the team event. :wacko: Not sure if their federation would find that worthwhile.

They will for sure change the quota to skeet or pistol, like Russia will change the third quota in women trap, there is no need to Bring  3 trap shootersto the Games. 

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

as I wrote above, that eventual quota would be very likely exchanged for Kopp in Pistol event. But again Kovačocy is not the favorite to win the quota today at all so it is all only in theoretical discussions.

Kovačocy by this final however, very likely won that second SVK M Trap ticket.

2 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

They will for sure change the quota to skeet or pistol, like Russia will change the third quota in women trap, there is no need to Bring  3 trap shootersto the Games. 

Right. Russia has so many W + X quotas that they will almost surely be forced to either enter some mixed team-only athletes or to give up spots entirely.

Women's rifle - 4

Women's pistol - 3

Women's shotgun - 5

I mean, sure, they can exchange the shotgun for pistol, but then Batsarashkina for example would be forced to start in only one individual event...

#banbestmen