website statistics

Shooting ESC European Championships 2021

George_D

4 hours ago, Benolympique said:

poor germany, she lost so many quota possibilities ... jolyn beer is my favorite i'm very sad for our best german friends ..

Thanks. This tournament is very unfortunate for the German athletes. I`m fine if they are really bad and end up in places >30...but 4 times that they missed the quota by one place in the final is heartbreaking. I assume that Jolyn Beer will participate in Tokyo anyway, as Isabella Straub who won a quota in 2019 lost the internal qualification so I assume Jolyn Beer will take the ticket.

Damn, Sike was so close to the final. And she would have won the quota with that as :RUS now takes it with an 8th place in the qualification.... Very disappointing ECh for us, I was hoping that we would win at least one quota here, now we officially only have 4 athletes in shooting. We had 8 in Rio. Well, at least we still have Major in the final and we might still have better medal chances than what we had in Rio. 

A question for more experienced followers of shooting. It appears that in the Trap event, there's one quota available at the European championships running now. Is that quota only available to the winner, or will it go to the highest placed shooter/nation that doesn't already have a quota?

Irish shooter Aoife Gormally is top 10 after 3 rounds and I think all those ahead of her are already qualified

2 minutes ago, dodge said:

A question for more experienced followers of shooting. It appears that in the Trap event, there's one quota available at the European championships running now. Is that quota only available to the winner, or will it go to the highest placed shooter/nation that doesn't already have a quota?

The second one ;)

5 minutes ago, Oldira said:

But an NOC can have more than one quota in Trap? The quotas are for the shooter not the NOC? 

Yep two per event. quotas are for NOCs, they are free to select whoever they want pending the athlete obtained at least once the required MQS during a selected competition