website statistics
Jump to content

Skateboarding Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games


Recommended Posts

On 27/09/2019 at 22:28, Laraja said:

After the end of the World Championship SLS São Paulo 2019, we have the last update in the first season of qualification.

 

As expected, only :BRA and :USA are qualifying twelve skaters to the Olympic Games, so far. The other countries with representants are:

 

:JPN x10

:AUS x7

:FRA x3

:NED x3

:ESP x3

:PUR x2

:ITA x2

:GER x2

:POR x1

:FIN x1

:PER x1

:PHI x1

:SWE x1

:GBR x1

:CHN x1

:RSA x1

:CAN x1

Skate Park and Street - WC Street São Paulo.xlsx 252.86 kB · 12 downloads

One nation can qualify 12 (!) skateboarders for the Olympics? :yikes: I thought there were only going to be one men's event and one women's event..

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New update on olympic racing of Skateboarding after Oi Stu Open in Rio de Janeiro.     It's unbelievable the incapacity of WS to provide a decent World Ranking. Another time they change

Update after the last event of the first season at Skate Park.     Skate Park and Street - WC Park São Paulo.xlsx

The IOC can be a bit hypocritical with their universality rule. Look at coxed eights rowing. As much as I love the sport I acknowledge that the event is slowly dying yet it remains on the schedule.

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

One nation can qualify 12 (!) skateboarders for the Olympics? :yikes: I thought there were only going to be one men's event and one women's event..

2 events for both sexes. Maximum of three from each nation in each event.

2 x 3 x 2 = 12

;)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dragon said:

2 events for both sexes. Maximum of three from each nation in each event.

2 x 3 x 2 = 12

;)

Yeah, I saw it's both park and street. Somehow I'm used to thinking it's kinda the same thing :p 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, heywoodu said:

Yeah, I saw it's both park and street. Somehow I'm used to thinking it's kinda the same thing :p 

One event is dominated by the 15 year olds, the other by the 12 year olds...

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LuizGuilherme said:

wich kind of clothes they gonna use to compete at the Olympics? I hope that they still use their normal and cool skate clothes and not a national uniform

I'm at least hoping for a combination of both, and not some sort of regular 'cool' t-shirt with jeans down to their knees. At least try to make it look a little bit Olympic..

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there was a kid who preferred to be disqualified from the World Championships final last year rather than wearing a not cool helmet...if they try to introduce a standard uniform be ready for the #FreedomForSkaters movement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

I think there was a kid who preferred to be disqualified from the World Championships final last year rather than wearing a not cool helmet...if they try to introduce a standard uniform be ready for the #FreedomForSkaters movement.

 

And then a boycot, followed by skateboarding being removed already. Done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I'm at least hoping for a combination of both, and not some sort of regular 'cool' t-shirt with jeans down to their knees. At least try to make it look a little bit Olympic..

Supposedly the ISSF are helping the WRS develop a new handbook showing how not to dress

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 horas atrás, LuizGuilherme disse:

wich kind of clothes they gonna use to compete at the Olympics? I hope that they still use their normal and cool skate clothes and not a national uniform

 

So, I've heard a podcast with the technical director of the Brazilian street skateboard. He talked a little about that. He said that the sponsor sport brands of each skateboard federation are in contact with the athletes to provide them skate clothes. Then, they won't need to wear a uniform only with the country colors.

 

Also, there is a regulation for pictures in the skate, of course, without sponsors and any kind of offensive images.

 

As for the helmet, I don't know. The Brazilian Championship of Skate park there's a rule where under-18 skateboarders must to wear it to compite.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...