website statistics

Skateboarding Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vinipereira

On 27/09/2019 at 22:28, Laraja said:

After the end of the World Championship SLS São Paulo 2019, we have the last update in the first season of qualification.

As expected, only :BRA and :USA are qualifying twelve skaters to the Olympic Games, so far. The other countries with representants are:

:JPN x10

:AUS x7

:FRA x3

:NED x3

:ESP x3

:PUR x2

:ITA x2

:GER x2

:POR x1

:FIN x1

:PER x1

:PHI x1

:SWE x1

:GBR x1

:CHN x1

:RSA x1

:CAN x1

Skate Park and Street - WC Street São Paulo.xlsx 252.86 kB · 12 downloads

One nation can qualify 12 (!) skateboarders for the Olympics? :yikes: I thought there were only going to be one men's event and one women's event..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

One nation can qualify 12 (!) skateboarders for the Olympics? :yikes: I thought there were only going to be one men's event and one women's event..

2 events for both sexes. Maximum of three from each nation in each event.

2 x 3 x 2 = 12

;)

Just now, Dragon said:

2 events for both sexes. Maximum of three from each nation in each event.

2 x 3 x 2 = 12

;)

Yeah, I saw it's both park and street. Somehow I'm used to thinking it's kinda the same thing :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, LuizGuilherme said:

wich kind of clothes they gonna use to compete at the Olympics? I hope that they still use their normal and cool skate clothes and not a national uniform

I'm at least hoping for a combination of both, and not some sort of regular 'cool' t-shirt with jeans down to their knees. At least try to make it look a little bit Olympic..

15 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

I think there was a kid who preferred to be disqualified from the World Championships final last year rather than wearing a not cool helmet...if they try to introduce a standard uniform be ready for the #FreedomForSkaters movement.

And then a boycot, followed by skateboarding being removed already. Done.

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I'm at least hoping for a combination of both, and not some sort of regular 'cool' t-shirt with jeans down to their knees. At least try to make it look a little bit Olympic..

Supposedly the ISSF are helping the WRS develop a new handbook showing how not to dress

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 horas atrás, LuizGuilherme disse:

wich kind of clothes they gonna use to compete at the Olympics? I hope that they still use their normal and cool skate clothes and not a national uniform

So, I've heard a podcast with the technical director of the Brazilian street skateboard. He talked a little about that. He said that the sponsor sport brands of each skateboard federation are in contact with the athletes to provide them skate clothes. Then, they won't need to wear a uniform only with the country colors.

Also, there is a regulation for pictures in the skate, of course, without sponsors and any kind of offensive images.

As for the helmet, I don't know. The Brazilian Championship of Skate park there's a rule where under-18 skateboarders must to wear it to compite.