website statistics

Skateboarding Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vinipereira

45 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

But if no one competes in it then should it be an Olympic event?

Come on, there doesn't even need to be a regular international competition in an event for it to be Olympic :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, phelps said:

still, almost every NOC has prize money for their medallists and an Olympic Gold always means sponsorship contracts, even in the most amateurish disciplines...so, there's always something about money to be taken into consideration...;)

But the point is that Olympics do not have prize money in a traditional sense. Awards by NOCs are bonuses rather than prize money.

#banbestmen

30 minutes ago, dcro said:

But the point is that Olympics do not have prize money in a traditional sense. Awards by NOCs are bonuses rather than prize money.

I’m telling you the IOC gives our prize money. Athletes have said so before. You get X amount just for winning a medal.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m telling you the IOC gives our prize money. Athletes have said so before. You get X amount just for winning a medal.

Lol, no. IOC is not giving prize money period. Definitely not only to the US athletes.

That's your NOC.

#banbestmen

women's Street Ranking (after SLS L.A. 30/07/2019)

1 :BRA Pamela ROSA, 100000 Pts
2 :BRA Rayssa LEAL, 81600 Pts
3 :AUS Hayley WILSON, 47500 Pts
4 :BRA Leticia BUFONI, 41280 Pts
5 :JPN Aori NISHIMURA, 31110 Pts
6 :USA Alana SMITH, 23250 Pts
7 :NED Candy JACOBS, 23250 Pts
8 :JPN Yumeka ODA, 16280 Pts
9 :USA Alexis SABLONE, 15930 Pts
10 :PHI Margielyn DIDAL, 14630 Pts

Full Ranking:

http://www.worldskate.org/component/phocadownload/category/594-olympic-world-skateboarding-ranking.html?download=3884:owsr-street-women-03-30-07-2019-updated-2

Top 20 cut with max 3 riders per NOC: Position #32 of the OQR
Nations represented in the Top 20 (max 3 riders per NOC): 3x :BRA / :JPN / :NED / :USA ; 1x :AUS / :AUT / :CAN / :CHN / :COL / :ESP / :PHI / :RUS

men's Street Ranking (after SLS L.A. 30/07/2019)

1 :USA Nyjah HUSTON, 67080 Pts
2 :JPN Yuto HORIGOME, 62480 Pts
3 :POR Gustavo RIBEIRO, 43300 Pts
4 :FRA Aurélien GIRAUD, 40660 Pts
5 :USA Maurio McCOY, 36530 Pts
6 :JPN Sora SHIRAI, 35060 Pts
7 :BRA Kelvin HOEFLER, 26480 Pts
8 :CAN Matt BERGER, 22560 Pts
9 :FRA Vincent MILOU, 22390 Pts
10 :AUS Shane O`NEILL, 22100 Pts

Full Ranking:

http://www.worldskate.org/component/phocadownload/category/594-olympic-world-skateboarding-ranking.html?download=3883:owsr-street-man-03-30-07-2019-updated-2

Top 20 cut with max 3 riders per NOC:  Position #31 of the OQR
Nations represented in the Top 20 (max 3 riders per NOC): 3x :BRA / :CAN / :JPN / :USA ; 2x :FRA / :POR ; 1x :AUS / :PER / :PUR / :SVK

1 hour ago, dcro said:

What about :LBR Liberia? :mumble:

:LBR Alexander Ali KHACHAB is ranked 93rd with 666 points (if he's the guy you're referring to...as in the ranking he's listed with the unexistent LIB code)...

p.s. :BEN Georges AGONKOUIN is placed above him (81st with 763 points)

Edited by phelps

1 minute ago, phelps said:

:LBR Alexander Ali KHACHAB is ranked 93rd with 666 points (if he's the giy you're referring to...as in the ranking he's listed with the unexistent LIB code)...

So I guess he is provisionally given the continental quota then?

#banbestmen

35 minutes ago, dcro said:

So I guess he is provisionally given the continental quota then?

no, it should go to :BEN (as I wrote, he's placed better, atm)...

by the way, there are also a couple of guys from RSA not so far behind those 2 in the OQR...so I guess there will be some kind of fight for the African quota (if there are no further limitations, like being at least in the top X of the final ranking to be eligible for the Continental quota, which frankly I don't remember right now :mumble:)...

Edited by phelps

There are a lot of mistakes in those World Skate Ranking. For example, Men's Park the athlete Greg Ruhoff appears twice.

In this new ranking there are skaters such as Tonje Pedersen and Asia Lanzi with more or less points than they've already had in other stages