website statistics

Table Tennis Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vinipereira

28 minutes ago, Cmon Mary said:

Because Germany won a quota place in the Mixed Doubles at the European Games (and their entrants need to come from their successful Teams, also qualified, then this adds one extra space into the Singles Qualification for each of Men and Women. 

"Any qualified athletes in Mixed Doubles must be part of the team composition if their NOC has qualified a team of that gender"

Does this extra place get filled at the Singles Qualification Tournament, or via the World Ranking?  I think it is the Qualification Tournament, up to a maximum of 8 (when you allow for other situations like Germany's, from a minimum of 2 places at the Tournament), and then after that the World Ranking, but my head hurts now.  I agree that Table Tennis has made this the most complicated process possible.  

It will be in the world singles qualification tournament. As you say it has maximum 8 quotas. These quotas are adjusted in that tournament.

• 2 months later...
49 minutes ago, huigege1978 said:

CHINA can won a quota place in the  women team   http://www.attu.org/en/news/998

And a men's team too. Not that it was surprising. The bigger question is which athletes will represent China.

Just now, dcro said:

I'm happy that ITTF has changed the system. Asian singles qualification ended up being a massive controversy last time...

I think in the end it only affected a few players.

I'm not sure if Asia is going to do regional quotas again so we may see it again, but at least this time the top nations will already be qualified through the team quotas.

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I think in the end it only affected a few players.

I'm not sure if Asia is going to do regional quotas again so we may see it again, but at least this time the top nations will already be qualified through the team quotas.

they will. they decided about it today.

there will be 5 winners from 5 different regions + the best ranked Asian player in May 2020 ranking.

all regional competitions will be held in Thailand.

57 minutes ago, MHSN said:

they will. they decided about it today.

there will be 5 winners from 5 different regions + the best ranked Asian player in May 2020 ranking.

all regional competitions will be held in Thailand.

Thanks

There is a real chance that 6/7 East Asian teams qualify in the women's team, leaving only Mongolia.

• 1 month later...