website statistics

Table Tennis Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vinipereira

1 ora fa, Jose Luis ha scritto:

The continental championships must give 6 individual spaces to Europe but the European games only give 3 ¿ And the other 3?

I suppose another pre olympic tournament is going to be held, after all 6 places per gender is a large number. 

However, as far as regards other information I got on continental Olympic Qualification in table tennis, here are some:

- African qualification will be 2019 African Games for team event and 2020 Africa Cup for individual and mixed;

- Oceania will use 2020 Oceania Cup for individual and mixed event, while team qualification will be held in Mornington, :AUS , 6-8 December 2019

- Asia should use Asian Championships in Bali, :INA , if I'm right, 15-22 September, at least for team qualification.

I have no news and ideas regarding Americas and Europe. I though Europe would have used as team qualifiers the European Championship in Nantes, but it looks like it is not, as European Games will give it. 

Edited by AlFHg

On 10/01/2019 at 05:10, AlFHg said:

I have no news and ideas regarding Americas and Europe. I though Europe would have used as team qualifiers the European Championship in Nantes, but it looks like it is not, as European Games will give it. 

Can't confirm or deny the Asian qualifier.

For North America the team qualifier is on Oct 5 2019, mixed doubles qualifier is on Mar 6 2020 and the singles appears to coincide with the US Olympic trials (Feb 28-Mar 1 2020) though that could be poor wording on the US qualification document

25 minuti fa, JoshMartini007 ha scritto:

Can't confirm or deny the Asian qualifier.

For North America the team qualifier is on Oct 5 2019, mixed doubles qualifier is on Mar 6 2020 and the singles appears to coincide with the US Olympic trials (Feb 28-Mar 1 2020) though that could be poor wording on the US qualification document

The document has given all the dates of ITTF world Olympic qualifiers, at least :D

• 2 months later...
On 31/05/2018 at 00:02, Jose Luis said:

The qualification process table tennis D:

Singles qualification:

32 With two (2) athletes nominated from each NOC with one qualified team.

22 Continental Singles qualification with a maximum of two (2) athletes from the same NOC

1 Tripartite Commission Invitation place

2-8 Not less than 2 and not more than 8 from the Final World Singles Qualifying Tournament

1-13 Minimum 1 from ITTF World Ranking

64-70 With a maximum of two (2) athletes from the same NOC to participate in singles events

¿Between 2 and 8 places Final World Singles Qualifying Tournament?

¿Between 1 and 13 places World Ranking?

Do not explain that depends on the variation in the number of places

I have been trying to work this out as well.  The Team places (45 places per gender, excluding Japan), 22 Continental Singles places, 1 Tripartite and 3 Host Nation places equals 71 places.  Assuming all 15 qualifiers for the Mixed Doubles for any one gender (excl Japan) are already in the Team Competition, then this leaves 15 places for the WSQT and World Ranking.  A minimum of 2 come from the WSQT, so hence up to 13 from the World Ranking.  However, I cannot work out what are the circumstances when more than 2 would qualify from the WSQT?

I think i understand

Let's see how the squares will be distributed by the criteria 4 and 5
With the events by teams and individual (Criteria 2 and 3 )are selected 71 players and shortage of 15 to complete the 86 by gender

There is to see how many players of the mixed do not participate in the team event, nor have qualified for the individual test through the criterion 2

Suppose you were 5, who will participate only in the mixed, it will take 10 more players to complete the 86, then 8 players would enter through the Criterion 4 and 2 by the criterion 5

Suppose you were 11 involving only in the mixed, it would require 4 players to complete the 86, then 3 players would enter by the criterion 4 and 1 by the criterion 5 player

That is my view as well, although I cannot see anything in the Qualification document that says that the additional places come from the Singles Qualification Tournament - it reads like it all comes from the Rankings, but not totally clear.