website statistics
  • Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features and follow all sports events with us here on Totallympics!

Table Tennis Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

27 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

According to prospectus deadline was February 5, so yes the entries on ITTF's website are definite (according to rules)

Do you know amongst women who is most likely to end with the ranking quota?

that will be amongst the runner-ups in 5 regions. that was easier in the men's side because India is 1 and 2 and one of them will finish 2nd in South Asia region. but remember that will be based on April's ranking. not the current one but I assume not much change (don't know how many events left though)

for the women's part, Thailand's SAWETTABUT is first by a good margin ahead of Batra (India), the other girl from Thailand is 3rd. right now I see 5 girls from Southeast Asia in the list. (that means a round robin competition) but I was thinking if those two Thai girls have to decide the winner (probably in the last match), maybe the better girl losses intentionally to help her teammate. she will qualify later as the best runner-up.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doha, Qatar will host the Asian Qualification event right before the World Singles Qualifiers in March.   I assume some other continents will do the same and will have their qualifiers in Do

To be fair here, I think Zaza's qualification says more about the state of table tennis in Western Asia than anything else.

Wow, I can write Spanish

Posted Images