website statistics

Table Tennis Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vinipereira

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Looks like Paraguay will sneak in through the rankings.

:GBR Pitchford

:NGR Aruna

:AUT Gardos

:BLR Samsonov

:AUT Habesohn

:KAZ Gerassimenko

:CZE Sirucek or :GBR Drinkhall or :ROU Ionescu

:PAR Aguirre

I think we still don't know how many players will qualify through the ranking. that depends on the mixed double quotas. (if they already qualified in singles or team events or not) it could more than 8 but most probably less than that.

I'm not sure though but that was my understanding.

10 places will be assigned through the female ranking.

In table tennis there are 86 women's places: 48 teams test +22 continental places +1 invitation +5 world pre-Olympic = 76

10 female places would be left. Now the players who only classify in mixed would be taken (there is only 1 Balazova) but since Balazova will classify by that individual ranking, in practice 10 places will be distributed per ranking.

10 hours ago, hckošice said:

Another question I have. Can a athlete qualify from Ranking in two disciplines ? for singles and mixed doubles ?

I guess Lubo Pistej may be able to participate both Men's Singles and mixed doubles? Maybe the same for Balážová? :-) 

1 hour ago, Jan Linha said:

I guess Lubo Pistej may be able to participate both Men's Singles and mixed doubles? Maybe the same for Balážová? :-) 

No. Sadly there no chance for him to qualify in Singles. But, barring injury or other accident he should be in Tokyo for sure in the MD.

According to this she should be. http://sstz.sk/WT/2021/Portugalsko 2021/BALÁŽOVÚ DELIL V GUIMARAESI SET OD MIESTENKY.pdf It was nice of her that she withdrew the useless match for third place and by this helped the Bulgarian get closer to the qualification as first reserve. 

we had 86 quotas available for male players

48 for teams + 22 continental events + 1 wild card + 4 World Qualifiers = 75

11 quotas are left for mixed double players + ranking.

Cuba and Canada already used two of those quotas (since they are using players who didn't qualify in singles)

which means maximum 9 will qualify through ranking. but we still don't know 7 of qualified teams in mixed doubles, so it will be minimum 2 and maximum 9 players through the ranking. depends on those 7 remaining mixed doubles teams.

at the moment only :GBR Pitchford and :NGR Aruna are 100% guaranteed a place in Tokyo

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

we had 86 quotas available for male players

48 for teams + 22 continental events + 1 wild card + 4 World Qualifiers = 75

11 quotas are left for mixed double players + ranking.

Cuba and Canada already used two of those quotas (since they are using players who didn't qualify in singles)

which means maximum 9 will qualify through ranking. but we still don't know 7 of qualified teams in mixed doubles, so it will be minimum 2 and maximum 9 players through the ranking. depends on those 7 remaining mixed doubles teams.

at the moment only :GBR Pitchford and :NGR Aruna are 100% guaranteed a place in Tokyo

Players qualified in mixed doubles have a sure spot in singles, too? Or can you explain more your explanation of minimum 2 and maximum 9 players?