website statistics

Table Tennis Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vinipereira

27 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

According to prospectus deadline was February 5, so yes the entries on ITTF's website are definite (according to rules)

Do you know amongst women who is most likely to end with the ranking quota?

that will be amongst the runner-ups in 5 regions. that was easier in the men's side because India is 1 and 2 and one of them will finish 2nd in South Asia region. but remember that will be based on April's ranking. not the current one but I assume not much change (don't know how many events left though)

for the women's part, Thailand's SAWETTABUT is first by a good margin ahead of Batra (India), the other girl from Thailand is 3rd. right now I see 5 girls from Southeast Asia in the list. (that means a round robin competition) but I was thinking if those two Thai girls have to decide the winner (probably in the last match), maybe the better girl losses intentionally to help her teammate. she will qualify later as the best runner-up.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

When does the Olympic ranking end?

No idea

18 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

do you know how many mixed doubles tournaments are left to qualify for tokyo?

5 events. But 2 of them are in discussion with IOC.

17 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

do you know these 5 events? 

Worlds in Doha.

Asian in Doha.

Latin America in Rosario.

Oceania event to be confirmed

and another Worlds(probably replacing Japan World Tour) to be confirmed.

17 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

France (manu lebesson and yuan jia nan with his beautiful performance is sure to go to the games?

I don't know :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/03/2021 at 20:36, Benolympique said:

do you know these 5 events? France (manu lebesson and yuan jia nan with his beautiful performance is sure to go to the games?

Surely yes

The other French couple (Flore/Gasnier) will not be able to go as Gasnier has withdrawn from the national team

If South Korea wins the Asia Event, I think the last place will go to Spain or Serbia; because the place that is pending World Tour I think will be added to the ranking

25 minutes ago, Fran-UDA said:

Surely yes

The other French couple (Flore/Gasnier) will not be able to go as Gasnier has withdrawn from the national team

If South Korea wins the Asia Event, I think the last place will go to Spain or Serbia; because the place that is pending World Tour I think will be added to the ranking

there is more than a mixed doubles competition left? yuan jia nan can you also qualify in singles, through her qualification in mixed?