website statistics

Table Tennis Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vinipereira

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

Well, thanks to Asia's continental qualification stupid rules, that distribute the available places one per "region", you may now add 2 free quotas in singles for Mongolia (one in each gender) and one for India in women's

I wonder if the registration deadline is over or not, North Korea should get the men's quota but as far as I know they stopped sending their athletes to anywhere since the start of the coronavirus crisis.  so no surprise if they don't send anybody here.

India still has to go through Pakistan which will be super easy for them but then they will qualify 2 instead of 1 :d their guys are #1 and #2 in Asia (among non-qualified athletes) so whoever losses their direct match will most probably get the quota as the best ranked runner-up among the regions. that Kazakh guy is not that far from them, he can be a threat only if he finishes 2nd in central Asia, otherwise 2 quotas are safe for India.

31 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I wonder if the registration deadline is over or not

According to prospectus deadline was February 5, so yes the entries on ITTF's website are definite (according to rules)

Do you know amongst women who is most likely to end with the ranking quota?

14 minutes ago, dcro said:

Tripartite nations entered for the WQT (so far)...

Men - :SMR:YEM

Women - :MON

Wonder if the english speaking Caribbean islands bothered to ask for a tripartite invitatiton in this sports; they've been showing at continental events for some time now.

2 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Also isn't it a bit unfair that this event is taking place before the continental qualifiers are over?

5 in each gender.

1 from every "regional" draw (East, South East, South and Central), plus the top ranked amongst the runner up of that draw.

11 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I was talking about the World qualifier, not the Asian qualifier

2 direct, but up to 8 if needed, which I interpret, as having up to 6 reserve players to cover any player that obtain a quota from the remaining continental tournaments.