website statistics

Poll 24/100 | Which is your favourite combat sport

Poll 24/100  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite combat sport to watch at the Olympics ?

I love them all, some of them more than others, but in general combat sports are among my favourite disciplines overall...:cheer:

I really missed the option "all of them"...so, just to pick my no.1 in this list of nos. 1s, I opted for Fencing...:d

Easier for me to pick the one at the bottom! (Boxing)

Went with wrestling due to both Denmark and Sweden having decent traditions in the sport meaning that it actually gets some attention and I was pretty entertained watching some women's wrestling in London. Would love to understand judo better (I'm slowly getting there) and I enjoy fencing as well (I think it's the sport that has gained the most in interest since Rio and if I could change things in life, it would be the sport that I would have started 15 years ago).

But generally combat sports aren't near the top in my personal Olympic ranking.

I'm at a big disadvantage compared to you boys, coming from a country with absolutely no interest or popularity in combat sports and with even lower TV or other media time coverage (Changed miraculously a bit in wrestling after the medal collecting festival of our new Russian armada in this sport)

although I like to watch combat sports during the Olympics like judo or wrestling, the inability to understand or even know the basic rules (ie it's not my fault, I basically have nowhere to learn them in this country :sick:) is quite an unpleasant experience when watching. So I go for wrestling here, since it is what I follow a bit more lately, then Judo and Boxing.  In the bottom side Fencing (I have absolutely not a single clue about this sport, watching regularly at Olympics, but still can not find even which weapon is which :red: ...and I am not starting to even speak about rules..attaque de droite, touche de gauche, point..it is all what I am able to notice during matches :lol:) and Tae Kwon Do ? man, must be a fun sport but even petanque has more media attention here. :d Last Olympics we had in our TV only 5-10 minutes highlights without commentary :lol: