website statistics

Taekwondo Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

uk12points

23 hours ago, Dunadan said:

Nothing set up for China. Only 3 seeded athletes entered and they are placed accordingly in the draw. Unless he's injured, Woolley is just dumb and arrogant for not participating. 

Just to be clear, I meant that they had everything the needed to qualify

I wasn't suggesting there was anything untoward

Happy to see Woolley qualify as he was very close to doing so for Rio

1 hour ago, dodge said:

Just to be clear, I meant that they had everything the needed to qualify

I wasn't suggesting there was anything untoward

Happy to see Woolley qualify as he was very close to doing so for Rio

There will be a few Europeans happy he has qualified. He would have been top seed at the European qualifiers.

• 2 weeks later...

WT announced the new World Ranking which confirms all previous calculations about the qualified athletes.

the only difference is the 6th athlete at women's 57kg is Anastasija Zolotic and not Zhou Lijun ! so Zhou indeed needed to win the Grand Slam quota to qualify which she won.

22 minutes ago, MHSN said:

WT announced the new World Ranking which confirms all previous calculations about the qualified athletes.

the only difference is the 6th athlete at women's 57kg is Anastasija Zolotic and not Zhou Lijun ! so Zhou indeed needed to win the Grand Slam quota to qualify which she won.

This is really confusing as the points for Zolotic seem weird. Her junior performances from previous years count as 2019 and count 100% instead of being deducted. In the end she made the 6th place thanks to PanAm Juniors, Youth olympics and Junior Worlds. In the end does not matter as Zhou won GS, but something is wrong there. 

the points for the Croatian Tomic andJelic  still wrong (both having two Olympic rankings). I wrote to both of them, but obviously it did not helped. ?

anyway both are qualified. 

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Was China going to host every single OQT?! Every day i see a different sport saying they've moved a tournament from China to somewhere else.

Basically you can just play darts with a map of China and host some big event at the city where the dart landed ;)

50 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Was China going to host every single OQT?! Every day i see a different sport saying they've moved a tournament from China to somewhere else.

Interestingly enough China is leading all nations in terms of hosting different OQT (ignoring events that span multiple nations). They have currently hosted 11 events while Australia and Japan have hosted 10 each. Due to the coronavirus they will be overtaken. Plus Australia has all of those continental qualification events to look forward to with even less competition.

Not too surprising, there's not as much competition in Asia to host events while China really wants to host events.